Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about windows server standard licenses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Questions about windows server standard licenses

TheBoxTheBox Member
edited March 2022 in Help

Hello guys,

I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm soon starting my game hosting business. Pterodactyl stuff and TCADMIN and Dedicated servers (re-selling) them from Hetzner, OVH, Reliablesite etc...

I have one question, how do I do to offer Windows licenses? I saw that to get SPLA partner is a pain and I don't want to get any problems with Microsoft.

Should I put on the order page (Bring Your Own Key for Windows Server Standard)? I see some providers doing this. Even the big ones, but how do they make sure that the user is not using (gray-market) keys and that could bring problems for the provider if a user does that correct?

Should I resell the providers own licenses?

I would appreciate someone guiding me due I don't want to have any problem with Microsoft. :'(

Thank you everyone!

Comments

• webcraftwebcraft Member
    edited March 2022

@TheBox said:
    I don't want to get any problems with Microsoft.

Should I put on the order page (Bring Your Own Key for Windows Server Standard)?

No, signup for their partner programm (it's going to be expensive) and get a license via their portal or

@TheBox said:

Better than allowing any unverified keys. If you host with those big providers who're Microsoft partners, I wouldn't bring anything at risk.

• @webcraft said:

@TheBox said:
    I don't want to get any problems with Microsoft.

Should I put on the order page (Bring Your Own Key for Windows Server Standard)?

No, signup for their partner programm (it's going to be expensive) and get a license via their portal or

@TheBox said:

Better than allowing any unverified keys. If you host with those big providers who're Microsoft partners, I wouldn't bring anything at risk.

I'm a new business I don't have budget to get the Microsoft partner program, but how much it would cost? I'm interested. Also where is this program located?

Thank you!