Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET level offers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET level offers?

PilotseyePilotseye Member
edited March 2022 in General

The other day I was looking for dedis in Germany and found these guys - IP-Projects which offer dedis as well as VPS in all kinds of flavors, for ok prices and then I stumpled upon this page, which is a bit hidden within their server offers:

https://restposten.ip-projects.de

All of them with 0 setup fees, monthly contracts, 1Gbit connections and 5 (!) IPs starting from 19,90 including taxes - so if you are not in the EU it might be even cheaper.

So what do you think, are these offers already at LET level?

I am really tempted to give them a try.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• Just a reminder, be careful of a scam at this price, I know the price is tempting, it's ok to try, just get ready for a chargeback in case anything goes wrong.

Thanked by 1Pilotseye
  • @jason5545 said: Just a reminder, be careful of a scam at this price, I know the price is tempting, it's ok to try, just get ready for a chargeback in case anything goes wrong.

These are not scam prices

Thanked by 2jason5545 Pilotseye
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

IP-Project is the best Provider I ever used, so you doesn't need to worry about scam :)

Thanked by 2Pilotseye JasonM
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

They're veterans.

Thanked by 2Pilotseye Falzo
  • Thanks for your feedback, will give them a try :smile:

• ErisaErisa Member

Those prices seem normal when you consider the Celeron used on the cheap ones. Offering multiple IPs per server is something the veteran providers tend to do because they have a huge existing stash of cheap IPv4 and dont have to deal with the price increase so much. OVH for example also gives away IPv4 like they're candy.

• @Erisa said:
    Those prices seem normal when you consider the Celeron used on the cheap ones. Offering multiple IPs per server is something the veteran providers tend to do because they have a huge existing stash of cheap IPv4 and dont have to deal with the price increase so much. OVH for example also gives away IPv4 like they're candy.

What're veterans providers mean? Thanks.

• ErisaErisa Member

@jason5545 said:

@Erisa said:

What're veterans providers mean? Thanks.

Veteran means "a person who has had long experience in a particular field"

So in this case it means the provider has been around for a long time and is generally trusted in the industry.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @Pilotseye said:
    Thanks for your feedback, will give them a try :smile:

If you bought it, can you please check their double disks configuration is raided or not?
    Seems their website didn't mention it.
    Thanks

• @jason5545 said:
    Just a reminder, be careful of a scam at this price, I know the price is tempting, it's ok to try, just get ready for a chargeback in case anything goes wrong.

The celerons don't use much power and these servers are probably already racked and ready to deploy instantly. They can't be bothered to unrack them and strip the parts etc. and would rather rent them out for these cheap prices.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • @jason5545 said:

@Pilotseye said:
    Thanks for your feedback, will give them a try :smile:

If you bought it, can you please check their double disks configuration is raided or not?
    Seems their website didn't mention it.
    Thanks

If the include an RAID controller card, it is mentioned next to the drives, as far as I can see.

Thanked by 1jason5545
  • titustitus Member

Never heard about them before.. but their VPS prices looks like interesting also (for example: Linux vServer S). And this 'features' make it more interesting for me:

• "Only 1 month minimum contract period"
    • "All prices incl. VAT."
  • @titus said:
    Never heard about them before.. but their VPS prices looks like interesting also (for example: Linux vServer S). And this 'features' make it more interesting for me:

• "Only 1 month minimum contract period"
    • "All prices incl. VAT."

Also checked their VPS and liked their straight forward billing terms and information.

Thanked by 1titus