Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Ryzen dedicated within EUR 20-25 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD Ryzen dedicated within EUR 20-25

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Sure https://blyatconnect.ru/ can set something up.

Thanked by 1Zyra
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

@peixotorms said:
    What most ecommerce site owners do, is to install some cache plugin and add Litespeed Cache, or Nginx for GET requests and call it a day.

And this is exactly why I told him about Nginx cache, because then it doesn't need to hit PHP or database at all.
    Majority of page views are nonlogged in users, by caching these requests you can easily cut load at least in half.

You are recommending vertical (ded)/horizontal(two servers) scaling to someone who doesn't even know WHY he has problem and has 20-25 euro budget. Contabo is notorious for very high CPU steal and 1.3K IOPS limit.
    As you know, both of these thing can really slow down website. If that's the problem then he just needs to ask them to move his VPS into another node or increase IO limit.
    That will fix problem in couple of minutes/hours (depending on their response time) and requires $0 investment.
    That's why I asked him how he came to conclusion that CPU or lack of NVMe is a problem.

Also, the OP is probably not an engineer and neither he wants to pay for one to come and fix the performance.

He is not engineer that's why I give him answers to not burn money and what he should to in first place - monitor what is causing problem. I give him advice how to check WHY his VPS isn't enough.

And the fact remains, that he is struggling with performance for his site, so he needs more power.

It doesn't mean that 6 cores isn't enough. Even route to ISP that many of his customers can be fucked up (for example that happened in 2021 on Mevspace on route to Orange Poland - 20Mbps max. It was just Poland to Poland route and it was already fucked up)

so you cannot generalize your experience
    That is completely different from the typical site owner
    doesn't give you authority to generalize that all sites are the same

Did you even read what I wrote? "Install monitoring software, check what is bottlenecking."
    I DON'T KNOW what is causing problems in his case, that's why instead of going blindly "moar cores" and NVMe I recommended him to check it, because slowdowns on 60-70 active clients with 6 EPYC cores AREN'T normal. Of course he can have worst optimization ever, but also he can have completely other problem like CPU steal and because of that site on 6 core can run slower than on 1 core without any steal. To check CPU steal you just write 'top' in SSH, thats all. If its high then ticket them, they move you and problem fixed. $0 investment.

WordPress, WooCommerce with WPML, multi currencies, BuddyPress, and 100k products on the database, all filtered nicely on the sidebar and grouped by counts, price, categories, etc, using nothing else other than PHP and MySQL. And of course, running on the cheapest server possible.

And I'm the one 'generalizing'. lol.

Have a nice weekend.