Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DA internal licenses doesn't include Pro Pack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DA internal licenses doesn't include Pro Pack?

BuyVM informed me that Pro Pack is not available with the internal direct admin licenses.

Is it the same for all providers like Hostdo, NexusBytes? Does anyone know if the DA Licence provided by SoYouStart or OVH includes Pro Pack?

Comments

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

That is correct. Here is what DirectAdmin sales told me recently in an email:

"It's just a retail product for now (our Lite and Standard licenses)...

We are still in early stages with it (lots more interesting features to come) so that is why we aren't pushing it yet or setting any kind of aggressive DC pricing."

Thanked by 1dotcomUNDERGROUND
  • As far as I know the Pro Pack wasn't going to be included in the internal licenses, suggestion is to upgrade to a normal license if you need the pro pack features.

• I got the same answer from InceptionHosting.
    Pro Pack is not included in internal direct admin licenses.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said: anyone know if the DA Licence provided by SoYouStart or OVH includes Pro Pack?

They do not, can confirm this.

Thanked by 1dotcomUNDERGROUND
  • If you buy a license with a 3rd party, I think the difference is between a heavy discounted datacenter license (like those lifetimes with Nexus, Inception etc.) and a slightly discounted retail license. The latter includes Pro Pack.

• quagsquags Member

Propack is a good middle ground to get new features into Directadmin that has significant developments costs with out raising the prices for existing users. Expect to pay a premium for propack.

• @quags said:
    Propack is a good middle ground to get new features into Directadmin that has significant developments costs with out raising the prices for existing users. Expect to pay a premium for propack.

Alternatively, as a shared hosting customer, I've picked up DirectAdmin and cPanel plans during sales and the feature I want and find lacking in the basic DA volume/datacenter is just track-and-trace/Track Delivery. When I looked at the cost of DA Pro Pack, it appears to be $180/yr for 10 accounts or $348/yr for unlimited, which sounds like it'd be expensive enough an add-on that it'd be cheaper to continue to use the cPanel plan for their implementation of Track Delivery.