Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS in Spain with decent network
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS in Spain with decent network

Hello,

I am in need of an affordable VPS in Spain, 1 core, 512mb RAM, 1 to 2 TB of traffic with good network backbone (Important!!, I would like to avoid behind the scenes networks like m247, have a bad experience with them)
Would be willing to pay for better specs if the network and connections with Spain and Paris backbones are good enough, but currently just need the specified ones.
Please provide a public IP to test routes and ping!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

It might not be cheap for you but if it's Spain, I'll recommend @jmginer (GINERNET).

Looking Glass: http://lg.ginernet.com/

• @DP said:
    It might not be cheap for you but if it's Spain, I'll recommend @jmginer (GINERNET).

Looking Glass: http://lg.ginernet.com/

I currently have services with them, but last month have been terrible in terms of network stability. Also they offer no communication about what's happening whatsoever, had to open a couple tickets just to get told that the whole network is receiving a DDoS Attack. So I'm kinda looking for something more stable...

Thanked by 1houmie
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

iFog and IONOS have services in Spain I believe.

Thanked by 2raulgb miusang
  • jonathanjonathan Member, LIR

Have you considered Vultr? 1 vCPU, 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD, 1TB transfer, $5/month in Madrid.

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

We're in Germany but are accessible via DE-CIX Madrid, if you want to check routes etc - http://de.lg.afterburst.com

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • cpsdcpsd Member

I also like clouding..

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • @jonathan said:
    Have you considered Vultr? 1 vCPU, 1GB RAM, 25GB SSD, 1TB transfer, $5/month in Madrid.

Never heard about them! Network seems pretty good, even has half the latency as my current provider!!

You have any services with them? Any reviews? ^^

• alt_alt_ Member

I think IONOS (formerly 1and1) meets your requirements. 1vCore, 512M Ram and unlimited traffic with 400Mbps network for $2/month in Spain.

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • kdhkdh Member

Vultr seems to be nice. Never tested (since I don’t have customers in that region), but I heard people saying that it’s good.

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • raulgbraulgb Member
    edited March 2022

@alt_ said:
    I think IONOS (formerly 1and1) meets your requirements. 1vCore, 512M Ram and unlimited traffic with 400Mbps network for $2/month in Spain.

Their peering is not as good as the other companies mentioned here, if they had better peering and connections it would be a no brainer...

• jonathanjonathan Member, LIR
    edited March 2022

@raulgb said:

@jonathan said:

Never heard about them! Network seems pretty good, even has half the latency as my current provider!!

You have any services with them? Any reviews? ^^

I started using Vultr over four years ago. I have many services with them across their various datacenter locations. All of them have had great performance and reliability.

Unfortunately, I have not tried their Madrid location so I cannot comment specifically on that network but I would imagine it is of equal quality to their other locations.

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

I've been using Vultr since they opened up their location in Stockholm. They constantly imorove their network, peer at IX and I've been very happy with then.
    Ref link that gives $100 to test for 14 days:
    https://www.vultr.com/?ref=8987725-8H

• TejyTejy Member

I've tried clouding.io few months ago, and it was pretty decent.

• Am using clouding.io it looks comfortable.

• raulgbraulgb Member
    edited March 2022

I've tried clouding in the past, the service is good, but the network has way too much latency for my liking, you can get servers in Paris with less latency than them... If they one day host in Madrid or get better peering in Spain it would be a really good candidate.

• cpsdcpsd Member
    edited March 2022

$7,20/month Vultr Madrid 1Gb RAM "High Frequency" instance with nvme disk

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-02-18

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Tue 29 Mar 2022 07:44:44 AM UTC

Basic System Information:

Processor : Intel Core Processor (Skylake, IBRS)
    CPU cores : 1 @ 3407.996 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM : 976.8 MiB
    Swap : 2.9 GiB
    Disk : 30.0 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 326.94 MB/s (81.7k) 970.15 MB/s (15.1k)
    Write 327.80 MB/s (81.9k) 975.25 MB/s (15.2k)
    Total 654.74 MB/s (163.6k) 1.94 GB/s (30.3k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 1.06 GB/s (2.0k) 1.13 GB/s (1.1k)
    Write 1.12 GB/s (2.1k) 1.20 GB/s (1.1k)
    Total 2.18 GB/s (4.2k) 2.33 GB/s (2.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 3.43 Gbits/sec | 7.84 Gbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 7.85 Gbits/sec | 7.39 Gbits/sec
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 6.51 Gbits/sec | 7.70 Gbits/sec
    WebHorizon | Singapore (400M) | 623 Mbits/sec | 420 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 1.98 Gbits/sec | 1.90 Gbits/sec
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 2.23 Gbits/sec | 3.51 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.17 Gbits/sec | 1.35 Gbits/sec
    Iveloz Telecom | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)

Thanked by 1raulgb
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

+1 for Vultr

• pufferfpufferf Member
    edited April 2022

+1 for Vultr (Madrid location). I've been using them during 2 months and the server is fast and stable with low latency. They unblocked port 25 without any question after a month, but they don't always do this for all customers.

I've tried regular instance and high performance Intel. Both are fine... I prefer the later because it feels faster for just 1$ extra per month (with less disk space).