Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dmca friendly reputed vps provider in europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

dmca friendly reputed vps provider in europe

i have a website that allows users to download android mobile apps and games in .apk format.
i used to receive dmca notices and take down concerned urls but few dmca agents directly pushed notices to provider instead of submitting in the webform available in the website. due to repeated incidents like this my provider started to think that i am ignoring dmca notices hence no longer wants me to stay with them. its been 6 years, it is very difficult situation to go away from them.
i am looking for dmca friendly vps provider in europe that can offer shelter for my website, also i assure that i am willing to cooperate on removing urls if reported by dmca agents.

thank you.

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

BuyVM Luxembourg

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@bruh21 said:
    BuyVM Luxembourg

Meh.

My problem with every single APK host is that they never block financial/banking APK's so we get flooded with a ton of phishing complaints.

I just kicked one off our network the other day for it after they promised to block the category outright. They didn't, so they went to the curb.

Francisco

Thanked by 2bruh21 MagicApple
  • 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited March 2022

Get a VPN with static IP or port forwarding feature and serve traffic over it on whatever hosting provider you like without having to preoccupy yourself over DMCA-ignored shit. It not only helps you but your provider's abuse department by keeping them free of fuckload of complaints you generate.

Thanked by 1Donkey

@0xbkt said:
    Get a VPN with static IP or port forwarding feature and serve traffic over it on whatever hosting provider you like without having to preoccupy yourself over DMCA-ignored shit. It not only helps you but your provider's abuse department by keeping them free of fuckload of complaints you generate.

I’ve also heard DDoS-Guard doesn’t really care much about DMCA, or anything for that matter

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • @0xbkt said:

can you suggest me some vpn provider that offers this facility?
    any tutorial on how to setup this?

thank you.

• @bruh21 said:

@0xbkt said:

I’ve also heard DDoS-Guard doesn’t really care much about DMCA, or anything for that matter

ddos guard basic paid plan cost 100$ which is expensive for me and free plan unavailable.

thank you.

@Donkey said:

@bruh21 said:

@0xbkt said:

ddos guard basic paid plan cost 100$ which is expensive for me and free plan unavailable.

thank you.

I didn’t realize they no longer offered the free plan. Sorry about that

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited March 2022

@Donkey said: can you suggest me some vpn provider that offers this facility?

I have only tried two so far: OVPN.com and Mullvad.

The former is court proven (https://torrentfreak.com/ovpn-wins-court-battle-after-pirate-bay-data-demands-rejected-200911/), has a paid static IP addon, owns all the hardware, but only has limited capacity in regions outside of where they colo with Obe.net which has an utterly garbage network (slow cheap transit, tromboning etc.) and peering even in Europe. Rest of their mix is mostly M247 (shitty too, just stay away) and DataPacket. See https://status.ovpn.com/.

The latter is also recommended and trusted by many, and they are also known for their partnership with Mozilla. Does not offer static IPs. Has rented and owned hardware. Owned are mostly colo'd with 31173 which has way better peering and wavelengths into multiple Western Europe metros (London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich), and it is fast from where I am at Hetzner Nuremberg to their Swiss servers (it's because Hetzner can also carry traffic into Zurich without use of 3rd party transit and hand traffic right over to 31173 through both's private interconnection at Interxion Zurich). Rented can also do the job but I don't prefer them. The biggest drawback, unlike OVPN.com, is the IP address you use to connect to your port-forwarded application may change anytime while the port you're allocated stays static. DDNS might be needed to overcome that. See https://mullvad.net/en/servers/.

@Donkey said: any tutorial on how to setup this?

You can start with Docker using linuxserver/wireguard image to set up the VPN connection in a container. Later, spin off your application container and join it to the network namespace of the VPN container (--net=container:<vpn-container-name-or-id> flag should do it). Have your application/server/daemon-whatever bind to wg0 IP and start serving on the port that you already forwarded on your Mullvad dashboard.

Example with Caddy as the application:

docker run -d \
      --name=wireguard \
      --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
      --cap-add=SYS_MODULE \
      -e PUID=1000 \
      -e PGID=1000 \
      -v $PWD/wg0.conf:/config/wg0.conf \
      -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules \
      --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" \
      linuxserver/wireguard

docker run -d \
      --name=caddy \
      --network=container:wireguard \
      -e MULLVAD_FORWARDED_PORT=<port-number-that-your-vpn-generates-for-you> \
      -v $PWD/Caddyfile:/etc/caddy/Caddyfile \
      caddy

wg0.conf: You download this from your VPN's website.

Caddyfile:

{
        admin off
        auto_https off
    }

*:{$MULLVAD_FORWARDED_PORT} {
        respond "Hello from VPN network!"
    }

An advanced use would be to create a vEth and bridge an eth0 from your application container to the one in VPN container. You need to get your hands dirty with iptables for that. In the basic setup above, you share the same network namespace as your VPN container as ifconfig can show the same interfaces etc.

Thanked by 3Donkey Xiaoming lll
  • TeoMTeoM Member
    edited March 2022

Alexhost + ovpn or some wireguard provider with static IP + Cloudlare.

And just say fuck you DMCA all requests to my trash email trash@dev/null.local

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • TeoMTeoM Member

Ovpn :

"Piratebay is hosted behind us, or at least used to. We had a court case involving that a few years ago"

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • vpn setup looks like complicated i am thinking to try this.
    Visitors -> cloudflare -> alexhost -> origin
    Does this look good?

• sandozsandoz Veteran

https://alexhost.com/vps/ (DMCA Ignored)
    https://Hostslick.com
    https://privatelayer.com (host thousands of warez and proxys)
    https://novogara.com (Google it and you will find why)

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited March 2022

@Donkey said: vpn setup looks like complicated i am thinking to try this.

Use Cloudflare Tunnel then. You don't need port forwarding or static IPs at all. It is Visitors -> Cloudflare -> VPN -> Origin.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • This is a pet peeve but I wish people would stop abusing the phase "DMCA friendly" or "DMCA ignored". DMCA is a US law so by definition ALL hosts based entirely outside of the USA are outside the jurisdiction of DMCA. People use it as a euphemism for "piracy friendly" but that's really not what it actually means.

• DonkeyDonkey Member
    edited March 2022

@Daniel15 said:
    This is a pet peeve but I wish people would stop abusing the phase "DMCA friendly" or "DMCA ignored". DMCA is a US law so by definition ALL hosts based entirely outside of the USA are outside the jurisdiction of DMCA. People use it as a euphemism for "piracy friendly" but that's really not what it actually means.

DMCA is a standard word to threaten/harass websites worldwide regardless of server location.

• @0xbkt said:

Use Cloudflare Tunnel then. You don't need port forwarding or static IPs at all. It is Visitors -> Cloudflare -> VPN -> Origin.

Any idea about where DMCA notices will be pushed in this setup?

Thank you.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited March 2022

@Donkey said:

@0xbkt said:

Any idea about where DMCA notices will be pushed in this setup?

Thank you.

They won't go past the VPN company. After all, it is not much different than wg-quick up'ing on your Fedora machine and curl'ing except cloudflared establishes a long-lived tunnel.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • sandozsandoz Veteran

@Donkey said:

@Daniel15 said:
    This is a pet peeve but I wish people would stop abusing the phase "DMCA friendly" or "DMCA ignored". DMCA is a US law so by definition ALL hosts based entirely outside of the USA are outside the jurisdiction of DMCA. People use it as a euphemism for "piracy friendly" but that's really not what it actually means.

DMCA is a standard word to threaten/harass websites worldwide regardless of server location.

Right. DMCA is to be used worldwide. Even if is US location they use that as excuse.

However. DMCA is not mandatory in Europe. I gave some good providers that allows that..

Linking is not a crime.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

@sandoz said: DMCA is to be used worldwide

DMCA has no jurisdiction at all outside the USA, but there's similar laws in Europe and elsewhere.

@sandoz said: Linking is not a crime

I've sent a number of successful DMCA counter notices that argue this exact point. https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2020/10/2020-10-08-dfl-counternotice.md is a pretty short one I wrote for a Github repo. Prior caselaw affirms that simply linking to infringing content is itself not an infringement, because no copy of the content is being stored on the site providing the link. I linked to a few of the cases in that counternotice, but there's a few others that aren't mentioned.

Thanked by 1Donkey
  • any good wireguard provider with static IP?