Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UnionPay cards at Online.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UnionPay cards at Online.net?

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited March 2022 in Providers

Has anyone succeeded in using UnionPay at the Online.net dedicated servers panel?

The support said that UnionPay is accepted (despite the form only listing Visa and MasterCard), but then in another reply also said that there is a problem with the UnionPay billing gateway at the moment, and they are working on a fix (apparently this was the issue, but it's only for the "new" panel, and listed as fixed too).

Especially interested in experiences from users of the country which ran into certain Visa/MC difficulties recently, which UP card did you try and did it work or not ("tried and didn't work" is also important to know). The virtual one from PochtaBank does not work right now.

Thanks

Comments

• ofitofit Member

I'm have problem with visa and mastercard 2 years ago. Then switch to paypal and now pay by paypal for dedis at online.net. if union pay work ok with paypal.

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited March 2022

I don't think PayPal will be a option for the country @rm_ is talking about am quite sure they stopped offering services to user based there.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@ofit said: I'm have problem with visa and mastercard 2 years ago. Then switch to paypal and now pay by paypal for dedis at online.net. if union pay work ok with paypal.

I currently do not have an option to switch to PayPal in the Online.net panel.

I believe it's now like, if you have it set to PayPal, you can still use it, but if you switch away to CC, the PayPal option disappears. So keep that in mind, if you ever deselect it there, might not be able to use again.

As for me, yes, it wouldn't help anyways.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@rm_ said: I currently do not have an option to switch to PayPal in the Online.net panel.

hum, that is strange, I have tried to pay with CC a few times and got rejected without any explanation, just that the payment was not successful, then I used Paypal (with same card) and worked. This exact same issue I had at OVH, maybe the French don't accept Garanti BBVA cards or they use same broken payment system.

• ErisaErisa Member

@rm_ said: I currently do not have an option to switch to PayPal in the Online.net panel.

At the time I last bought a new online.net server (2019) the option for PayPal was only available to existing longtime users and presumably eventually unlocked after enough months of CC payments. Because of annoying foreign currency fees at my bank at the time I requested access to the PayPal option earlier than when it naturally unlocks and they enabled it for me.

Ticket created on 2019-10-09 15:36:41, read on 2019-10-09 15:36:51
    Online - Ian

Hello,

Your account has been updated.
    You should be able to now pay with PayPal.

If you have any further questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards,

I don't dare move it away from the PayPal option in case it won't come back but for anyone wanting to pay with PayPal and not seeing the option I would recommend asking support for the option. But of course, this may longer be the case after how many years.

Thanked by 1rm_