Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest provider that allows tor?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest provider that allows tor?

codelockcodelock Member
edited March 2022 in Requests

So I want the free tor t-shirt and was wondering what is the cheapest provider that running tor relay (doesn't have to be exit)

With alteast 1.5 tb bandwidth so I can win the free t shirt ?

Fine with a yearly contract

Comments

• Cheapest plan is 1.25 usd/month or 15 usd /year

I assume unmetered means 4tb here @DataIdeas-Josh ?

• HostVDS $0.75/mo.

Thanked by 2codelock Bertie
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

That's right up our alley. Come check us out, and thank you for supporting online privacy.

Thanked by 1codelock
  • @MannDude said:
    That's right up our alley. Come check us out, and thank you for supporting online privacy.

Hello there , I understand your business model is quite different and you might not be the cheapest , but just out of curiosity can one run tor node on 128mb ram or are those targeted more towards personal vpn

• @codelock said: Hello there , I understand your business model is quite different and you might not be the cheapest , but just out of curiosity can one run tor node on 128mb ram or are those targeted more towards personal vpn

Generally 256MB is the lower limit for Tor relays. It's possible to run Tor relays with less than 256MB but stability takes a hit.

• @ChromeMax said:
    HostVDS $0.75/mo.

Do they have some minimum amount that I need to add also are there any fees for using PayPal ?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@codelock said:

Cheapest plan is 1.25 usd/month or 15 usd /year

I assume unmetered means 4tb here @DataIdeas-Josh ?

unmetered meaning unmetered.
    We are more concerned of CPU usage.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

@Bertie said: Generally 256MB is the lower limit for Tor relays. It's possible to run Tor relays with less than 256MB but stability takes a hit.

I'd say that is an outdated info, bump that up to 1G or so.

On my 1GB RAM Oracle cloud VPS it either goes far far deep into the swap, leading to sluggish performance, or I have to kill it periodically when it does (which means poor relay uptime).

• @codelock said:

Do they have some minimum amount that I need to add also are there any fees for using PayPal ?

I don't think there's any minimum top up, but they do have a payment fee of $0.30 so you may not want to pay month by month.