Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DLNA server - Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DLNA server - Windows

Looking for recommendations to setup a simple lightweight DLNA UPnP server on my Windows Workstation

1. LG Smart Share is getting buggy and outdated
  2. SimpleDLNA kind of works but also stops responding in between
  3. Plex, I tried before, I don't need transcoding, just a 'server' of media, can we DISABLE transcoding?

Comments

• brdibrdi Member

@mehargags said:
    3. Plex, I tried before, I don't need transcoding, just a 'server' of media, can we DISABLE transcoding?

yes, in the settings under transcoder there is a option to disable transcoding.

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • You can also check Emby (plex alternative, also you can use without transcoding).

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

There is an option to disable transcoding completely in the Plex server settings

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • Have always used Serviio. Not super simple, but straightforward enough for my similarly basic needs. Java based and works the same on Linux/Mac as well.

Has bells and whistles if you might need them, and transcoding is configurable.

• Thanks everyone for the recommendations <3
    Emby looks super cool, portable version works great and having an LG App is cherry on top.

Many thanks

• @cochon said:
    Have always used Serviio. Not super simple, but straightforward enough for my similarly basic needs. Java based and works the same on Linux/Mac as well.

Has bells and whistles if you might need them, and transcoding is configurable.

I was trying to answer serviio, but forgot its name, I only remember it's started with a s 🤣
    Thanks for bringing back my memory. Long time I didn't use this thing.

Thanked by 1mehargags