Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LosAngelesVPS acquired by DesiVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LosAngelesVPS acquired by DesiVPS

Ed_ChdEd_Chd Member
edited March 2022 in General

Did not know anything until today, until when my friend texted me with confusion, asking why were there emails sent by an unknown provider (DesiVPS), and with info of the server he purchased from LosAngelesVPS.
So I went ahead and tried to visit losangelesvps.com, but their website was down. Then, I went ahead and contacted DesiVPS support team, who later confirmed to acquire LosAngelesVPS. The support team also said they sent emails to all active clients, which apparently did not reach my friend's inbox.
I also went here to see if anyone knew about the acquisition, but there weren't any post discussing it, so I might as well be the first one.
(Does this kind of news belong to the "General" category though?)

Comments

• pikepike Veteran

Never heard of either company but what you describe sounds scammy af. Your friend should consider moving to a more serious provider, unless there is a good reason to stay with the current one/s.

• VoidVoid Member

@Ed_Chd said:
    (Does this kind of news belong to the "General" category though?)

Shilling belongs to LET red dp department

Thanked by 1pike
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Is there a customer notice that was sent about this acquisition?

• Indians in LA?

• ErisaErisa Member

@jbiloh said:

Well the OP says that the support team claims there was but their friend never got it. I don't think anyone knows more than that.

• @Erisa said:

Well the OP says that the support team claims there was but their friend never got it. I don't think anyone knows more than that.

I have a few VPS with them and got an email on 3/3 with a few paragraphs about the sale and billing/management address changes.

Thanked by 2Erisa bruh21
  • @jbiloh said:

They claimed they had sent, but my friend never got it.

• @mcduquesne said:
    @Erisa said:

I have a few VPS with them and got an email on 3/3 with a few paragraphs about the sale and billing/management address changes.

So I guess it is confirmed. Thanks!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@mcduquesne said:
    @Erisa said:

Would you mind sharing it?

• LosAngelesVPS support@losangelesvps.com
    Thu 3/3/2022 4:39 AM
    LosAngelesVPS

LosAngelesVPS has finalized an agreement to be acquired and is under new management today onwards.

The new management is backed by a team of hosting professionals, and intends to invest more resources into the brand to better service you!. Nothing will change in the way you have used your VPS. You will be able to continue to operate and access your VPS with the same credentials, same IP address, etc. Your pricing will stay the same. The only thing that will change is the way you request support and the way you pay your invoices. The DesiVPS brand has more resources and capabilities than LosAngeles previously had, therefore providing you as the customer with access to faster and better support.

Existing customers, kindly note that payment gateways have been updated to reflect that of new management’s. If you had any automated PayPal subscriptions set up with LosAngelesVPS, please cancel them and re-initiate a new one upon your next generated invoice. As another benefit under new management, DesiVPS is now accepting more payment gateways to provide you with the payment options you desire! This includes Alipay, India NetBankng, India UPI, Credit And debit cards and more payment methods that are now available for you as a customer to pay with, that was previously not available under previous management.

Going forward instead of accessing the client area via the 81VPS site, please access it here: https://clients.desivps.com/clientarea.php

You will be able to log into the DesiVPS client area, with the same e-mail and password you used at LosAngelesVPS before. If you forgot it, you can request a password reset accordingly.

If you have any questions about this transition, please feel free to open a support ticket or live chat at DesiVPS . We are committed to providing you with a next generation experience in VPS hosting,

Thanking you,

Thanked by 1Ed_Chd
  • Never heard both of them until now

• donkodonko Member

??????VPS acquired by ??????VPS

?

• VoidVoid Member

@robohost said:
    Never heard both of them until now

Now you have, which exactly is the point of such posts.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • edited March 2022

Wasn't LosAngelesVPS yet another scam CC company?

I remember some LET drama involved with it.

I assume DesiVPS ain't much better, so doubt that it will change the price/performance for anyone willing to pay for LosAngelesVPS. You will just be scammed by a company with a different name.