Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggest me provider with good uptime in Canada
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggest me provider with good uptime in Canada

Hello,

I am looking for VPS in Canada(mostly) with reliable uptime.

Config:

Core: 4
Storage: 80GB
RAM: 8 GB

Currently have a VPS with OVH and if something goes wrong their support is somewhat non-existent in cases(I heard).

So I need someone having Canada location with good uptime and in worst times I can reach them. If budget is a issue I am not looking for too much lowend. Please suggest me all the providers having Canada location with good network. I might need two providers as I might do cluster configurations for redundancy. Also DirectAdmin license in cheap/free will be a plus. Also suggest me backup storage providers.

TL;DR
I need Canada location VPS with good uptime. Suggest me all good providers with a reliable support that won't blackhole me. DirectAdmin license in cheap/free is a plus. I am open to suggestions on other privacy-centric countries. Clients might get upset in case of downtimes. So I need someone that will at-least give earlier maintenance notice or at least someone will be available in case of emergency.

Comments

• mathenymatheny Member
    edited March 2022

@jason5545 said:
    Servarica @servarica_hani

yeah Servarica has live chat support, which is fast and helpful

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

My KS3C in CA has one of the best uptimes yet.
    It did even survive a few fiber cuts, some providers here did not.

You can still buy a KS3 as of right now, I think its 10$ per month.

• Kimsufi honestly

• If he's concerned about OVH cloud support, how is kimsufi better?

• @drizbo said:
    If he's concerned about OVH cloud support, how is kimsufi better?

I think the Kimsufi will be even more worse, in comparison with OVH?

• Servarica @servarica_hani

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • cazrzcazrz Member

lunanode

• LunaNode @perennate

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • Linode has instances in Toronto, top support and great uptime.

• You guys are told how big Canada is in school, right? It's the same or worse as saying you need a server in the US, ignoring whether that's NY or LA having 80ms or more latency to where you need.

Thanked by 1BlazinDimes
  • Talk with @Cam

Thanked by 1Cam
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

I like Lunanode but they haven’t being active recently. But then again their platform got all the right cloud features!

• titustitus Member
    edited March 2022

Maybe @Dvo can help You: https://limewave.net/xeon.php

I have a good experience with them (with a small resources and promotional VPS). I not contacted with their official support (via ticket, email, etc) because not experienced problems with the VM, so i have no information about the 'support speed'. But Dvo was fast and friendly with me in LET.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

I haven't used their Canadian location in particular, but service and contact with @freerangecloud / freerangecloud.com has always been a pleasure for me in the past.

• Servarica

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@Boogeyman said:
    Hello,

I am looking for VPS in Canada(mostly) with reliable uptime.

Config:

Core: 4
    Storage: 80GB
    RAM: 8 GB

Currently have a VPS with OVH and if something goes wrong their support is somewhat non-existent in cases(I heard).

So I need someone having Canada location with good uptime and in worst times I can reach them. If budget is a issue I am not looking for too much lowend. Please suggest me all the providers having Canada location with good network. I might need two providers as I might do cluster configurations for redundancy. Also DirectAdmin license in cheap/free will be a plus. Also suggest me backup storage providers.

TL;DR
    I need Canada location VPS with good uptime. Suggest me all good providers with a reliable support that won't blackhole me. DirectAdmin license in cheap/free is a plus. I am open to suggestions on other privacy-centric countries. Clients might get upset in case of downtimes. So I need someone that will at-least give earlier maintenance notice or at least someone will be available in case of emergency.

Send me a PM if your still looking! My Canada location is actually hosted with OVH. :)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

Most VPS providers in Canada are just OVH resellers.

https://xenyth.net/ is an option, iirc they own their own hardware and network. However, their panel is a little bit :neutral:

Thanked by 1greentea
  • freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

Since you're with OVH I'm assuming you're interested in the Quebec / Ontario region?

We have servers in Toronto and Winnipeg which would be reasonably close to your Montreal location, further east we have Halifax and on the WestCoast we have Vancouver.

If any of these locations tickles your fancy, we could meet your requirements for $19.99/M

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @TimboJones said:
    You guys are told how big Canada is in school, right? It's the same or worse as saying you need a server in the US, ignoring whether that's NY or LA having 80ms or more latency to where you need.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • darbdarb Member

ExtraVM resells OVH and GreenCloud has Toronto available.

• darbdarb Member

One road, but it is a long one - the longest street in the world.

@BlazinDimes said:

Thanked by 1BlazinDimes
  • I have a box with dediserve.com in Toronto from their past offers, no issues for the past few years. Not the cheapest but works fine.

There's also OneProvider, vps.net, hostzealot.com,

And if you don't care about Russian providers, pq.hosting and bluevps.com.

I've not used any of the above except dediserve.com