Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WEBDOCK.IO Montreal, Canada Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WEBDOCK.IO Montreal, Canada Outage

I decided to get a VPS with @Webdock_io recently and today more than 9 hours ago I realized that my VPS is offline. Maybe it was offline more than 9 hours but since I didn't have a monitor setup for this VPS I'm not sure.

I immediately raised a ticket on which they replied they're facing issues with one of their host node which they're working on to fix. Upon asking regarding the issue on their live chat their live chat agent shared that it's not just one host node but the whole DC has global outage.

From my VPS IP I was able to find that they're with ServerMania and when I contacted ServerMania they declined any such outage. At this point I've no idea what's going on here. I just wanted to share my experience with the community and wanted to know if anyone else like me is affected by this outage.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@wa44io4 said: whole DC has global outage

Bollocks :smiley:

Sorry but I find that hard to believe, especially when you've mentioned that even the DC denies.

Probably just an excuse to buy time for them to fix things.

• @DP said: Probably just an excuse to buy time for them to fix things.

I'm pretty sure that's the case and I've no idea why any decent provider will do something like this. :(

• AidanAidan Member

@wa44io4 said: decent provider

Decent?

We are not Big Brother. Well, just a little at first. We do not routinely monitor or "spy" on our customers and what you are using your servers for. However, in the period immediately following your signup we will keep a close eye on your activity and what you are using your servers for. Once we've seen you are not using your server for anything which is in breach of these terms and have a level of trust in you, we will stop our monitoring of your activity, and will only react if your server starts exhibiting unusual behavior. Any usage that prompts the receipt of abuse complaints pertaining to violation of EU and/or international copyright law must be promptly discontinued to avoid service cancellation for violation of these terms.

Source: https://webdock.io/en/docs/legal/terms-and-conditions#prohibited-usage

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@wa44io4 said:

@DP said: Probably just an excuse to buy time for them to fix things.

I'm pretty sure that's the case and I've no idea why any decent provider will do something like this. :(

The line itself doesn't make any sense so I assume it's just exaggerated - "whole DC", but it's a "global outage".

I wouldn't blame live chat though.

Take the word from the DC themselves as that's more likely to be accurate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@Aidan said:

@wa44io4 said: decent provider

Decent?

We are not Big Brother. Well, just a little at first. We do not routinely monitor or "spy" on our customers and what you are using your servers for. However, in the period immediately following your signup we will keep a close eye on your activity and what you are using your servers for. Once we've seen you are not using your server for anything which is in breach of these terms and have a level of trust in you, we will stop our monitoring of your activity, and will only react if your server starts exhibiting unusual behavior. Any usage that prompts the receipt of abuse complaints pertaining to violation of EU and/or international copyright law must be promptly discontinued to avoid service cancellation for violation of these terms.

Source: https://webdock.io/en/docs/legal/terms-and-conditions#prohibited-usage

That's pretty cool wording, good luck to them trying to scale it. I'd love to tail the logs for new signups to make sure they're not spammers but I'd need a few clones. Automated monitoring for abuse is the only reasonable approach.

As for OP, sounds like your server is in the back of a station wagon.

Thanked by 2wa44io4 Aidan
  • wa44io4wa44io4 Member
    edited March 2022

After 21 hours they replied and told me that my server is online but they didn't mention they restored my VPS with partial and slightly old data backup.

This provider is a big NO for any type of project.

They lie blatantly from dusk till dawn.

Thanked by 1mrTom