Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI: It's possible to get a Hetzner AX41 with 12TB drives for 34€/m
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FYI: It's possible to get a Hetzner AX41 with 12TB drives for 34€/m

I bought a Hetzner AX41 (Finland) a while ago, and noticed that instead of 2x2TB drives, I actually got 2x6TB ones. It looks just like a SYS-2 gamble. Anyway, this might be useful to know for those who are already interested in buying an AX41.

I definitely do not recommend buying a bunch of AX41s and ask to cancel if unlucky, though, because:

1. There is a minimum of 30 days on your contract.

2. As you can see, order processing time of AX41 in Finland has increased dramatically compared to other models and location. Presumably a lot of people feel confident about the gamble.

Comments

• I won one in the gamble too, bought 4 more got 2x2s, going to keep them for a month and then cancel. I don't want to get banned by abusing the refund policy over a bunch of HDDs tbh.

• Thanks for sharing, I think this is sort of a marketing strategy. To those who want to try your luck, just a reminder, your Hetzner account would be banned if you are found abusing their refund policy.