Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Self-hosting Nextcloud with Dokku and s3 compatible storage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Self-hosting Nextcloud with Dokku and s3 compatible storage

I wrote a post on how to self host Nextcloud with Dokku - https://vitobotta.com/2022/03/11/self-hosting-nextcloud-with-dokku-and-s3-compatible-storage/

Usually tutorials are about plain installation or standard Docker, but I really like Dokku.
In the post I am also using Wasabi (any s3 compatible service will do) as primary storage instead of local storage. So I can store any amounts of data for cheap.

Thoughts? Do you use Nextcloud? If yes, how do you self host it?

Thanked by 1dev077

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• @deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Why? Am I violating some rule?

• @vitobotta said:

@deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Why? Am I violating some rule?

I think they just say that a lot. At least, one of the cute grim reaper avatar people does.

I'm not sure if it actually means anything or if it's just a slogan.

• ErisaErisa Member
    edited March 2022

I once tried using Dokku but I felt kind of aimless and didn't know what to do with it.

Maybe next time I have time to spare I will try out your guide on a spare server as a way of experimenting with Dokku and see how it goes. Thank you for sharing.

• @Erisa said:
    I once tried using Dokku but I felt kind of aimless and didn't know what to do with it.

Maybe next time I have time to spare I will try out your guide on a spare server as a way of experimenting with Dokku and see how it goes. Thank you for sharing.

Dokku is pretty nice. It really like Heroku, with simple git-push deployments. The only limitation is that it supports only on server.

Thanked by 2Erisa dev077