Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biggest regret? Mine is letting go of my 50GB Reseller MXRoute account!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Biggest regret? Mine is letting go of my 50GB Reseller MXRoute account!

scookescooke Member
edited March 2022 in General

So many good deals come and go that I wish I could buy more. But, I've cancelled some after realizing I have too many servers, or domains, etc. I don't regret cancelling any of those _except _my 50GB reseller for only $25/yr account with MXroute. I wish I hadn't done that. Oh well.

What service do you regret letting go?

Thanked by 1jar

Comments

• dosaidosai Member

Servarica mouse plan

• I canceled a VirMach special in buffalo because the routing was just terrible for me, $20.39/yr for 8 cores 2560mb ram, 80gb, and 3tb bw. I have some regret on that one, it was only $20, but I have way too many servers that are "only" $20 and was trying to be frugal with covid uncertainty around my job.

Thanked by 3noisycode ariq01 kkrajk
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

@bakageta said:
    I canceled a VirMach special in buffalo because the routing was just terrible for me, $20.39/yr for 8 cores 2560mb ram, 80gb, and 3tb bw. I have some regret on that one, it was only $20, but I have way too many servers that are "only" $20 and was trying to be frugal with covid uncertainty around my job.

8 CORES FOR $20/yr?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    Wow that's an insane deal

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@Advin said:
    8 CORES FOR $20/yr?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    Wow that's an insane deal

Well your 4GB for $5.99/yr is insane too.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@deank said:
    I regret reading this.

I reget quoting this

• iNanjaiNanja Member
    edited March 2022

I have a lot of regrets regarding servers. I think all of the good deals I ever came across all dead pooled. It was probably because I was getting servers LEB instead of LET for the longest time.

• Probably some of my SYS 16tb boxes that I ended up letting go.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Whatever happens, happens for good.

• A vultr box with ip a.b.c.d. I deleted it by accident and the ip was gone already

Thanked by 2dedicados Advin
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well I guess you have one less regret now 😋

Thanked by 2scooke craigb
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

My biggest regret is cancelling a cheap RuVDS.com VPS, which costed 30 RUB. I cancelled it by mistake while attempting to rebuild it and I was never able to spawn one again. With today's rate it would be eventually an almost free IPv4.

• 4TB-HDD-RAID-5/10Gbps@20TB = 5EUR/month @PulsedMedia

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • kendidkendid Veteran

I almost gave up my mxroute 50gb this past month! I was keeping it for all these years "Just in case" google shutdown their free gsuite service. Luckily, Mxroute doesn't immediately close your account on non-payment - they give you a very generous amount of time to clear up your account before cancelling. I was still within that period - barely!

Thanked by 2scooke jar
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

I have been idling one of my 150gb MXroute reseller plans for a year and a half now. No way I am gonna let that baby go!

Even if it takes me another year and a half to sell accounts on it I will be way ahead. Thanks for the awesome opportunity @jar, you rock!

Thanked by 2scooke jar
  • pullangcubopullangcubo Member
    edited March 2022

@alento said:
    I have been idling one of my 150gb MXroute reseller plans for a year and a half now. No way I am gonna let that baby go!

I regret not getting that plan when I had the chance to. :disappointed:

Thanked by 1scooke
  • @alento said: I have been idling one of my 150gb MXroute reseller plans for a year and a half now. No way I am gonna let that baby go!

I was looking to pick their $10/yr 25GB offer (I think it was in 2020) opened the order page, got distracted by something else and remembered about it a week later. :)

Same thing with Hetrixtools offer.

• I have more regrets buying than letting expire :smiley:

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • I got the 50 GB reseller account from @jar a few years ago, been idling it for now, but really regret not getting the larger offer (think it was 150 GB) at the time, especially since I haven't been able to upgrade, hoping something like that comes back eventually...

• Number of KS especially old KS-1 and most of them come with 2TB drives with low usage. But no choice I can't do any transfer with KS. Recently I also let go of KS-LE (E5) and not renewing anymore.

I am fan of idling with no or minimal usage. But my goal for 2022 is to support sustainability and reduce energy wastages. More to let go as it hurts.. :D

Thanked by 2scooke DanSummer