Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

domain question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

domain question

so i own a domain that i am using for a rust server. i setup an A record so people can connect directly to my rust server by using that domain.

Is there a way that i can also setup a website on that same domain? or is it one or the other?

Comments

• Use subdomain to another.
    Like rust.domain.com.

• henixhenix Member

i guess you can install a webserver on the same rust server and they will both work.

• @henix said:
    i guess you can install a webserver on the same rust server and they will both work.

well its a rented rust server i dont think i could do all that there with them. i was just hoping to possibly double point my domain. since my rust server is one location and my web server is another location. probably wishful thinking.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I believe there is some way to use srv records, try searching it on google. I know you can do it with minecraft

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Either use a subdomain for rust or www for website and root domain for rust.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @DP said:
    Either use a subdomain for rust or www for website and root domain for rust.

i did not know that would make a difference. going try now.

• @bruh21 said:
    I believe there is some way to use srv records, try searching it on google. I know you can do it with minecraft

While this is a good idea, Rust doesn't support SRV records like Minecraft does.

@ItsAsylum you'll have to use a different subdomain for the website in this scenario, unless you migrate to infrastructure you have full control over (which I assume you don't want).

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@Decicus said:

@bruh21 said:

While this is a good idea, Rust doesn't support SRV records like Minecraft does.

@ItsAsylum you'll have to use a different subdomain for the website in this scenario, unless you migrate to infrastructure you have full control over (which I assume you don't want).

Damn, thanks for clarifying

• What do suggested worked. Using www for the website and the root domain for the server.

If anyone plays rust feel free to come.

rustynuke.com

Thanked by 1JasonM