Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Netcup's Webhosting Superwoman (shared - 25 GB mail + web - 0.99 EUR)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Netcup's Webhosting Superwoman (shared - 25 GB mail + web - 0.99 EUR)

pbxpbx Member

Seems like it can be a decent deal for folks looking for email hosting + small website:

https://www.netcup.de/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2914
https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2914

Enjoy

Thanked by 1angstrom

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited March 2022

there are 3 cookies buttons. Which one to click?

• @Chuck said:

Depends on how many cookies you want. ;)

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • @Chuck said:

All of them.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited March 2022

Never really was a fan of their webhosting. For one, you can only add your domain if the NS are pointing to their NS iirc. This means you can't just add it without updating your NS and use e.g. an A record to move your site over and only once everything works update your NS to avoid downtime. There were also some other goofy things but I remember it was kinda a pita.

Also 25GB but only 1 Database. Come on. Just assuming people would run WordPress, cloning a WP install for staging/dev is way more convenient with additional databases..
    Also only 1 App install allowed. What do they expect you to do with the 25GB? Hoarding spam mails or is the 25GB just for show but they know that you probably will use like not even half/quarter of that anyway?

What's more, they charge for restoring their "voluntary" backups. It's 2022. Restoring a backup should be a click in the control panel or at least free. For disaster recovery, I guess it's nice that they keep some backups of your site but damn, this just doesn't bode well with me.

I know Netcup is an established provider and has good performance, however I stopped using them when they introduced their "hourly billed" VPS and after trying their Webhosting a while back, I didn't want to return (again, not for performance reasons but usability).

Thanked by 3TODO Astro DreamCaster
  • @Ympker said:
    Never really was a fan of their webhosting. For one, you can only add your domain if the NS are pointing to their NS iirc. This means you can't just add it without updating your NS and use e.g. an A record to move your site over and only once everything works update your NS to avoid downtime. There were also some other goofy things but I remember it was kinda a pita.

Were they using Plesk as the control panel?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Yes they are, but domains are added on their own Customer Control Panel and not on plesk.
    But I added 3 domains last year and my NS are Cloudflare's and it's perfectly.

@Nixtren said:

@Ympker said:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• @Nixtren said:

@Ympker said:

I believe that initially I had to add the domains in their cp (not Plesk), probably during order process. It wouldn't let me continue without updating my NS which was annoying.

• I've always wanted to try Netcup, always missed the Christmas sales, now trying to get in on this.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Ympker said:

Also 25GB but only 1 Database. Come on. Just assuming people would run WordPress, cloning a WP install for staging/dev is way more convenient with additional databases..
    Also only 1 App install allowed. What do they expect you to do with the 25GB? Hoarding spam mails or is the 25GB just for show but they know that you probably will use like not even half/quarter of that anyway?

What's more, they charge for restoring their "voluntary" backups. It's 2022. Restoring a backup should be a click in the control panel or at least free. For disaster recovery, I guess it's nice that they keep some backups of your site but damn, this just doesn't bode well with me.

I know Netcup is an established provider and has good performance, however I stopped using them when they introduced their "hourly billed" VPS and after trying their Webhosting a while back, I didn't want to return (again, not for performance reasons but usability).

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, netcup's web hosting isn't really aimed at LET customers (or at a LET mindset). :)

It may sound paradoxical, but I tend to think of netcup's web hosting as being a fairly exclusive web hosting service. :)

netcup offer four web hosting plans, which they want/need to differentiate in terms of features -- not merely in terms of storage space -- so that some people will purchase the bigger plans.

They offer at least one .de domain -- in higher plans, more than one -- as part of every web hosting plan, which means that a customer doesn't need to purchase a domain name separately.

It's true that the lowest web hosting plan (Webhosting 1000), which is equivalent to the Webhosting Superwoman plan on sale today, has some seemingly strict restrictions (1 database, 1 installed app), but note that this plan is really intended for one or two websites at most.

At the same time, the lowest plan comes with 25GB of storage space, not to mention 25GB of email storage space (and up to 100 email addresses/accounts), together with ftp and ssh, so one could use the storage space for files unrelated to one's website.

In sum, the lowest web hosting plan may not be a good fit with a LET mindset, but from another perspective, it's a good deal, especially when on sale. :)

Thanked by 2Ympker pbx
  • @angstrom said:

@Ympker said:

I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, netcup's web hosting isn't really aimed at LET customers (or at a LET mindset). :)

It may sound paradoxical, but I tend to think of netcup's web hosting as being a fairly exclusive web hosting service. :)

netcup offer four web hosting plans, which they want/need to differentiate in terms of features -- not merely in terms of storage space -- so that some people will purchase the bigger plans.

They offer at least one .de domain -- in higher plans, more than one -- as part of every web hosting plan, which means that a customer doesn't need to purchase a domain name separately.

It's true that the lowest web hosting plan (Webhosting 1000), which is equivalent to the Webhosting Superwoman plan on sale today, has some seemingly strict restrictions (1 database, 1 installed app), but note that this plan is really intended for one or two websites at most.

At the same time, the lowest plan comes with 25GB of storage space, not to mention 25GB of email storage space (and up to 100 email addresses/accounts), together with ftp and ssh, so one could use the storage space for files unrelated to one's website.

In sum, the lowest web hosting plan may not be a good fit with a LET mindset, but from another perspective, it's a good deal, especially when on sale. :)

I definitely get what you are trying to say, mate. I think that my point of view is, perhaps, a bit of a bitter one, because I wanted to like them, but through LET (for better or worse) couldn't get myself to like their webhosting offer.

Thanked by 1angstrom