Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for testers. Seedbox with plenty of apps and shared hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for testers. Seedbox with plenty of apps and shared hosting

Hey guys

As the title says, currently we're looking for testers who would love to try our products and give us some feedback :)

We're offering 2 things, Seedboxes and Shared Hosting currently. You do not have to pay, it's completely free.

Please apply only if you are willing to help us and will use the product while it will be in the test stage.

Shared Hosting is available in 2 locations, UK and Singapore.
You can check and place an order here: https://staging.client.spaceberg.cc/store/shared-hosting

Seedbox currently is available in Germany only:
You can check and place an order here:
https://staging.client.spaceberg.cc/store/shared-seedbox

There is no list currently with available apps, but we support more than 40 apps currently. As x2Go is pre-installed, you can use desktop env.

All orders on shared hosting proceed automatically, seedboxes will require a manual check. Please check your email for details after ordering.

Please note, we have limited the quantity. Also, everything is in the test stage so you might face bugs, please be nice and report them to us, as also we would like to hear what we should improve.

There is on-site support but we're available only during normal business hours. Please note, that service comes as fully managed, so we can help you with any question related to the service.

You can also reach us through Discord: https://discord.gg/Zumzf84J3H we also offer support from there as also you could ask questions to our staff

Thanked by 1Grufunkel

Comments

• Interesting... testers and freebies without Provider Tag?

• Well, we do not charge you and even do not require any logit information, you can use any random name and so on.

If currently posted thing is against the rules, then sorry, it will be removed :)

• @CalmDown said:
    Well, we do not charge you and even do not require any logit information, you can use any random name and so on.

If currently posted thing is against the rules, then sorry, it will be removed :)

So you post here without checking the rules/ the mods? Neat!!!

• I've checked them indeed. As we're looking for testers and items are completely for free, it's not clarified as an "offer". I've contacted admin, but haven't got the reply so...

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2022

Usually the unwritten rule is to PM moderator or post to support and ask for permission first, and then add a text that you have permission from mods.

Free hosting is allowed here, but you always need permission.

• VoidVoid Member

@CalmDown said:

You can check and place an order here:
    https://staging.client.spaceberg.cc/store/shared-seedbox

There is no list currently with available apps, but we support more than 40 apps currently. As x2Go is pre-installed, you can use desktop env.

So the Seedbox looks basically Quickbox.io as a service. What would be the regular price after free trial/testing ends?

• @jmaxwell Currently yes, but once we will be ready, VPS as seedbox and dedicated server as seedbox will also come. Fully managed and tuned to get everything from the server.

Currently, there is no ETA when the service will come as a paid offer. We have plenty of things left which need to be fixed.

But I would say that shared seedboxes will be cheap and would be able to compete with current market prices.

• @CalmDown How can I report something? For example I see "There are X torrents loaded in Deluge" but if I select qBittorrent I see "There are torrents loaded in qBittorrent" without any number.
    I'm starting to play around with it, it looks great. Keep up the good work!

• Seedbox in Germany? Ballsy.

@TheMister I assume you have service already with them - can you whois the IP you have? I really hope this is not Hetzner >:D

• @JabJab said: I really hope this is not Hetzner

It is Hetz.

Thanked by 1JabJab
  • CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited March 2022

@JabJab As it's testing stage, it's definitely hetzner as @rattlecattle mentioned.

A lot of people use hetzner for seedboxing, but you should exclude public trackers from your list then.

@TheMister Thank you for your report! We've noted it :). You can do that via WHMCS ticket system, via here or even via discord channel.

• FritzFritz Veteran

@CalmDown

Email verification never came. Please check the log.

• TheMisterTheMister Member
    edited March 2022

@CalmDown thank you! Plex server was working, then stopped (dead) and won't run again. There are no logs so I can't see what's happening

EDIT: I had to uninstall and reinstall it again. I'll report if it will happen again

• @Fritz Could you please DM me your registered email? :)

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited March 2022

@CalmDown said:
    @Fritz Could you please DM me your registered email? :)

Hi,

DM sent.

Edit:
    Everything is sorted now.

• taizitaizi Member

can predict owner will have to handle DMCA and copyright strike every day

Thanked by 1Wicked
  • And they're gone. Late to the party!

• @CalmDown said: A lot of people use hetzner for seedboxing, but you should exclude public trackers from your list then.

This is a bad idea. If you want your business to last, you need to find another provider. You're offering a seedbox service and people are going to use public trackers.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @taizi Unless you block them :)

@Grufunkel Will come more next week.

@NoComment 50/50. We're not planning to host and offer seedbox stuff on hetnzer servers. But just to expand your knowledge. A lot of people are using only private trackers and are fine with hetzner. You can inform the client about that and if DMCA comes, you inform that the file should be deleted within the next 24 hours, providers such Andy(Andy10Gbit) or walkserservers are offering hetzner as a dedicated seedbox :). No offense, just saying.

• VoidVoid Member

@CalmDown
    So I gave it a try and here is a short feedback. Transmission & qbittorrent started downloading instantly and the speed is good as well. rutorrent and deluge wouldn't start downloading.
    Coming to apps, emby is installed and working but asks for a username and password on first login. Plex got installed but it doesn't detect the media server (or do we need to install it separately? ) Some quick start guide would be very helpful.

• @jmaxwell I used rutorrent with success. As per Plex I also had the same issue, I uninstalled it and installed it again to make it work. Try if that works for you too

Thanked by 1Void
  • TheMisterTheMister Member
    edited March 2022

@TheMister said:
    @CalmDown thank you! Plex server was working, then stopped (dead) and won't run again. There are no logs so I can't see what's happening

EDIT: I had to uninstall and reinstall it again. I'll report if it will happen again

@CalmDown here another feedback: the Plex media server is not available again. This time it shows "active (running)" on the QuickBox dashboard but in Plex it says that the server is not available. This happened about 6 hours later I got it to work.

• VoidVoid Member

@jmaxwell said:
    @CalmDown
    So I gave it a try and here is a short feedback. Transmission & qbittorrent started downloading instantly and the speed is good as well. rutorrent and deluge wouldn't start downloading.
    Coming to apps, emby is installed and working but asks for a username and password on first login. Plex got installed but it doesn't detect the media server (or do we need to install it separately? ) Some quick start guide would be very helpful.

Update: reinstalling Plex fixed the issue. What is your policy around CPU usage? Tried streaming plex transcoded media and CPU was 60-70 %.

• @TheMister Seems we have an issue with plex installation itself. Will communicate with qb developers so we could make the fix faster :)

Will keep you updated!

@jmaxwell Feel free to use, currently, there is no strict policy, as the current CPU will handle a lot of transcodes. So we kinda do not limit you anyway during the testing stage

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited March 2022

@CalmDown said: @NoComment 50/50. We're not planning to host and offer seedbox stuff on hetnzer servers. But just to expand your knowledge. A lot of people are using only private trackers and are fine with hetzner. You can inform the client about that and if DMCA comes, you inform that the file should be deleted within the next 24 hours, providers such Andy(Andy10Gbit) or walkserservers are offering hetzner as a dedicated seedbox . No offense, just saying.

Thanks for expanding my knowledge. When someone rents entire servers just to use them as a seedbox, most likely they plan to seed on private trackers. Coming onto LET, you are most likely going to sell small plans and have users using small seedboxes on public trackers.

Your client base is different from your two examples and they are resellers, hetzner knows they are resellers and they provide them with volume discounts. If they get a lot of DMCA requests, they just have to explain that they got bad customers. Most likely, they also have a lot of clients using their servers for proper stuff. They might get 1-2 DMCA requests out of tens or hundreds or servers. You might get 1-2 DMCA requests every server.

In any case, I understand why you chose hetzner. Good luck with your business.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Seedbox in Singapore or London??? Not for public trackers right? Pretty sure those countries won't tolerate that, especially London. Unless your somehow circumventing the location, somethings gotta give on this ship.

• @risharde said:
    Seedbox in Singapore or London???

Germany?

• Thanks @CalmDown I'll keep testing other stuff, let me know if I can do anything to generate logs and try to understand what the Plex issue is :smile:

• VoidVoid Member

@CalmDown i don't seem to be able to access seedbox anymore. Tried GUI & SSH

• @jmaxwell We do see an issue, we will keep you updated once more information will come.