Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need A Storage Server With Small SSD Primary Drive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need A Storage Server With Small SSD Primary Drive

I'm building out an Acronis storage cluster to keep backups of a couple of other servers. I have a primary node which is a Servarica Salamander Hybrid (4 CPU, 6GB RAM, 200GB SSD + 4TB SAN RAIDZ2) and that works perfectly for the task, but I'm looking to add another for both geo and provider redundancy.

I see lots of 4TB storage servers, but none that have a small SSD for the OS and Metadata to live on. The storage would need to have some form of RAID like the Salamander does, I don't want a single disk solution. Has anyone seen an offer with similar specs please?

Comments

• Ryzen 3900x NVMe + Block Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=121

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

We can offer this in the UK with NVMe+HDD space.

What's your ideal specs?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

BuyVM does 4TB block storage for $5/TB that can be attached to any of their Ryzen VPS's.

• @randy33 said:
    Ryzen 3900x NVMe + Block Storage
    https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=121

Thank-you for the suggestion. Looked perfect on the surface, but the usage would fall foul of their Ts and Cs:

"You can't burst to 95-100% CPU usage for more than five (5) minutes"

CPU usage tends to run close to 100% for 30 minutes or so during large backups as the metadata is calculated. Capping that would slow the backups down quite dramatically.

• @Advin said:
    BuyVM does 4TB block storage for $5/TB that can be attached to any of their Ryzen VPS's.

They do, and I looked at them as it would be ideal. The block storage seems to never be in stock though (not surprised at that price!).

• @Mr_Tom said:
    We can offer this in the UK with NVMe+HDD space.

What's your ideal specs?

4 CPU, 6-8GB RAM, 200GB SSD + 4TB Storage.

• UmairUmair Member

@Speedie

Can you also give some info on Acronis Backups.
    I have been looking into it for a while but haven't seen too many providers out there. And few only offer it with storage which tends to be expensive.

Can anyone get few VM/Server license and use his own storage for the server?
    Or there are minimum commitments involved ?

• i'm also looking APAC/US location storage VPS :)

@Speedie said: 4 CPU, 6-8GB RAM, 200GB SSD + 4TB Storage

How much bandwidth?

• @Umair said:
    @Speedie

Can you also give some info on Acronis Backups.
    I have been looking into it for a while but haven't seen too many providers out there. And few only offer it with storage which tends to be expensive.

Can anyone get few VM/Server license and use his own storage for the server?
    Or there are minimum commitments involved ?

Check out CloudEvo.com - they sell per-server licenses at a very reasonable cost.

Thanked by 1Umair
  • @Mr_Tom said:

@Speedie said: 4 CPU, 6-8GB RAM, 200GB SSD + 4TB Storage

How much bandwidth?

10TB would be plenty for now.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Check TeraKVM: https://www.prometeus.net/site/terakvm.php It is not exactly a storage box, but it does not look like you need a pure storage box.

• servarica salamander

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
    edited March 2022

Can't compete with Servaricas salamander price but best we could do would be:

• 4 core
    • 8gb ECC RAM
    • 200gb NVMe
    • 4tb HDD
    • 10tb/month @ 1gbps shared (10gbps shared option available).
    • Wolverhampton, UK
    • £37.50/month (excluding VAT if applicable)