Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISPsystem is not installing ISPmanager. Russians?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISPsystem is not installing ISPmanager. Russians?

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2022 in General

For the past 2 days, I have tried to newly install ISPmanager on various distro, Centos7, 8, Debian Buster, Ubuntu 20.04, etc. but failed at the last moment due to release file not found, 404 error, etc.

Thinking ISPsystem is Russian made, the recent war might have something to do with the trouble installing.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

They are indeed a Russian company and may be impacted. I'll message one of their team on Facebook and link them the thread, no guarantees they can communicate with me right now.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:
    They are indeed a Russian company and may be impacted. I'll message one of their team on Facebook and link them the thread, no guarantees they can communicate with me right now.

Thank you.

• cazrzcazrz Member

They say it will take time to clarify the information.

@cazrz said:
    They say it will take time to clarify the information.

I moved to webmin and virtualmin although I paid lifetime ISPmanager lite back in 2018 or something.

The recent war could not be justifiable for me and although I am sorry for common Russians and their biz in general, I do want to avoid Russian products for now.

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Believe the company originated/started as a Russian company but now registered in Cyprus but can’t fully confirm the structure of the company. We are always looking into this as we run their VMmanager software which would mean a more complex migration to a new platform.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2022

@HostMedia said:
    Believe the company originated/started as a Russian company but now registered in Cyprus but can’t fully confirm the structure of the company. We are always looking into this as we run their VMmanager software which would mean a more complex migration to a new platform.

Don't move platforms over this. This whole thing will blow over in 6 weeks just like every other news cycle.

"But this is different" not really...we bomb kids and get less news coverage.

@jar said:

@HostMedia said:

Don't move platforms over this. This whole thing will blow over in 6 weeks just like every other news cycle.

Company is company is company. No matter the place it is operating in.
    I just am depressed. For this won't be different either.
    But.
    This one is too spitting on our face with smile to simply pass by.

• ISPManager, as I tried to use it, is quite awkward. Perhaps there are other, less clumsy options. But if the license is already purchased, perhaps it's worth forcing the tech. support into clarifying the situation.

Thanked by 2yongsiklee jason5545
    edited March 2022

@Master_Bo said:
    ISPManager, as I tried to use it, is quite awkward. Perhaps there are other, less clumsy options. But if the license is already purchased, perhaps it's worth forcing the tech. support into clarifying the situation.

I tried to use their support and the response was one month+ late, if too basic to even care.
    I gave up their support a long time ago. You might pay them for a faster response even for a paid. lol
    From my experience with them for the past few years, better ones are out there, free or not.

• webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited March 2022

@jar said: This whole thing will blow over in 6 weeks just like every other news cycle.

can't phrase current situation more accurately than this

Thanked by 1jar
  • Any good alternatives to ispmanager? that are not in russland.