Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean / Linode / Vultr : ​Which one network is best?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean / Linode / Vultr : ​Which one network is best?

Server location in the western US, Visitors from America and Asia (Excluding China)

DigitalOcean, Linode or Vultr, Which one has better latency ?

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2022

Linode is excellent, can recommend, use them as well.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • Used Linode for few projects. performance is good in western US.
    Digitalocean has more PoP in Asia. So it might have better latency than Linode.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited March 2022

You can use the ping tool on https://dnstools.ws/. It shows the average ping across all locations at the top of the page. You can deselect any locations you don't care about. Just try it with a test IP from each provider.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@chenxuhua said: DigitalOcean, Linode or Vultr, Which one has better latency ?

They usually do not differ by much, but you'll have to test it yourself.

You can use the following tools made available for such tasks.

Thanked by 3chenxuhua Ganonk tototo
  • AndruAndru Member

+1 for linode. Great network!

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • In Asia, you probably won't get a good network from any of those since they are very heavily transit rather than peering driven.

In my experience, AWS Lightsail has a pretty good network though since it uses the same network as EC2 does and amazon does a lot more work in peering agreements rather than relying on transit.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • jonathanjonathan Member, LIR
    edited March 2022

I have used Linode and Vultr consistently over the past six years. In my experience, Linode's networks are superior in terms of reliability but there are minimal differences in performance. However, I have a much larger percentage of resources at Vultr due to their BGP and BYOIP features.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • AcacyAcacy Member

++ Vote for Linode as well
    5 VM running production level

Thanked by 1chenxuhua
  • raviravi Member
    edited March 2022

Never faced any issue Vultr.

Thanked by 1chenxuhua