Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nexus Bytes: The fastest support in the west
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nexus Bytes: The fastest support in the west

Hello.

In January 2020 I met this company, Nexus Bytes. I got a nice Ryzen server with 4 vcores, 4gb ram and 80GB NVme in Los Angeles, US. Around $108/year.

Man, this server is faaast.

I've run a website with a million of monthly visits here using OLS, smooth. Now it's a Directadmin server (because you get it for free, a standard license) and the NVMe disks make it easy to take backups of all of the accounts.

It's powerful.

Of course, as I'm running a bit heavy stuff, I've had some issues that Jay was able to handle super fast and very helpful. Sometimes I put so much stress on the CPU and trigger some warnings, sometimes I run out of bandwidth, sometimes I... well, a lot of stuff... and Jay or his team is there to bring solutions and peace. Like today, on Sunday, less than 3 minutes and my issue was resolved.

I have had more servers with them in the past: I remember a small varnish cache server and a free backup server.

The only bad thing is that they haven't repeated a sale like this one 😄

All the best for Nexus Bytes and the team. A top provider for sure. Recommended.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Depends.. i have 14 days ticket without single reply.

• @imok said: I've run a website with a million of monthly visits here using OLS

do you run wordpress or any CMS?

• @emperor said:
    Depends.. i have 14 days ticket without single reply.

Oh. Maybe it's difficult to resolve. I hope it gets solved any time soon.

@JasonM said:

@imok said: I've run a website with a million of monthly visits here using OLS

do you run wordpress or any CMS?

WordPress.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Mine gets 2-3 days on average ticket response.

• Most of the times, I had reply within few hours.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I just finally got something from Nexusbytes and I got response very quickly. Surprised to see so many people liking thr 14 day non response post

• @risharde said:
    I just finally got something from Nexusbytes and I got response very quickly. Surprised to see so many people liking thr 14 day non response post

14 days, at least it's better than contabo, contabo had three weeks reply time for me. :D

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @imok said:
    Hello.

Man, this server is faaast.

proof! yabs! ;)

• @imok said: difficult to resolve.

Its switching disk from virtio to ide, which with most providers i have that option in control panel, but not in theirs.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@jason5545 said:

@risharde said:

14 days, at least it's better than contabo, contabo had three weeks reply time for me. :D

Three weeks, at least it's better than Boomer.
    Boomer had six months non-reply time for me.

• "The fastest support in the west" - Q: the west knows best?

• @yoursunny said:

@jason5545 said:

@risharde said:

did they double your storage to 20MB as compensation?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@webclouddev said:

@yoursunny said:

@jason5545 said:

@risharde said:

did they double your storage to 20MB as compensation?

They doubled my email accounts limit from 0 to 0.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @emperor said:

my 2 tickets where open that long they closed themselves

Sidenote: when I first signed up for nexus this wasn't how it was and Jay was very quick and responsive

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The moral of the story is -

You cannot trust user reviews.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

@jason5545 said:

@risharde said:

You have a lot of patience!!!

• @chip said:

@emperor said:

my 2 tickets where open that long they closed themselves

Sidenote: when I first signed up for nexus this wasn't how it was and Jay was very quick and responsive

Yeah, same experience here. NexusBytes' service isn't the same as it was before.

They also have serious issues with stock availability, so if you need to expand, you may find that you can't.