Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The IPv6 outage thread - post Twosday edition 2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The IPv6 outage thread - post Twosday edition 2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣2️⃣

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Here's the thread the world @yoursunny has been waiting for: This is the next episode of the IPv6 outage thread and the first episode in 2022.

There haven't been a lot of issues recently. Three of them have been dealt with in a timely and professional manner by the providers, so I won't go into detail here:

• Misaka.io (Kansas City) -- solved within 15 minutes after opening a ticket.
  • Webhosting24 (Los Angeles) -- solved within 6 hours after opening a ticket.
  • Hostodo (Las Vegas) -- solved within 6 hours after opening a ticket.

🤷 Then there's mrVM (Mumbai) and GreenCloudVPS (Atlanta) who needed 2-4 days to get things sorted. Both were upstream issues so they can't really be blamed.

👎 And then there's Boomer.host who migrated their customers' VMs to a new server on Feb 09th and decided against restoring Control Panel access and IPv6 connectivity afterwards. Ticket responses are pretty slow, but they've made very clear that restoring full functionality of their customers' services is none of their priorities. I've switched to an AlienData VPS instead which is a brand of the company Boomer.host is colocating with.

👎 As always a shout-out to Hostmaze! Instead of resolving the IPv6 issues mentioned in previous episodes of The IPv6 outage thread they've decided to close my ticket without any response again. As I'm not aware of any alternative in Timisoara, RO, I've decided to give one of their KVM plans a shot, hoping not to run into the same issues I'm having with their OpenVZ services. Unfortunately, the KVM box came without an IPv6 subnet so I had to open a ticket to get one assigned. Although they "guarantee true 24/7 tech support from our in-house support engineers" and their "average response time is under 10 minutes" (source: https://hostmaze.com/), I haven't received any response since Tuesday.

🥳 Finally some good news: Hosthatch has managed to get IPv6 up and running in Tokyo 🗼, so I can finally start using idling my VM I bought on Black Friday.

Comments

• Twosday!

• We can’t fix your IPv6 issues but we can double your bandwidth!

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

That's why I only have one server on my boomer host dashboard

• @brueggus said:
    👎 And then there's Boomer.host who migrated their customers' VMs to a new server on Feb 09th and decided against restoring Control Panel access and IPv6 connectivity afterwards. Ticket responses are pretty slow, but they've made very clear that restoring full functionality of their customers' services is none of their priorities. I've switched to an AlienData VPS instead which is a brand of the company Boomer.host is colocating with.

they are naming and blaming the provider for this innit?

🥳 Finally some good news: Hosthatch has managed to get IPv6 up and running in Tokyo 🗼, so I can finally start using idling my VM I bought on Black Friday.

HH is lovely when it works perfectly.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@Wicked said:
    We can’t fix your IPv6 issues but we can double your bandwidth!

I guess the only double he will be happy about is if you double your v6 upstreams :D

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Your outage has been doubled.

Thanked by 1Ganonk