Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF "hacked or seized" after banned russian, telegram disappeared!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RF "hacked or seized" after banned russian, telegram disappeared!

Looks like RF Forum was been hacked and domains seized, when they prepared to ban Russia from their forum. After couple hours their domain was been seized, but no signals of anything. Forum still working with login page, it's like "freeze", Telegram of RF disappeared, the admins doesn't talk anymore.

Something is going on and no one knows about it. Looks like their admin Jaw are from Ukraine and something can be wrong. Don't login!

First this message

After that message, a few hours happened this:

Something is going on! This is not to discuss of RF, but how is the probability of RF Domain being under Russia hackers control ? Admins disappeared also..

Thanked by 1hanoi

Comments

• I guess the telegram group didn’t disappear, they just turned off commenting with a pinned message that says main domain got seized and the backup domain is rf[.]to (which doesn’t open now by the way). Anyway too bad it happened.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@HostMT3 said:
    RF Forum

???

Thanked by 1donko
  • @jsg said:

@HostMT3 said:
    RF Forum

???

Raidforums, an underground hacking forum.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • "Raidforums dot com is one of the largest clearnet hacking forums. It offers stolen databases, login credentials, adult content, and hacking tools for free download."

(????) :D

(this is supposed to be a bad new?)

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Never heard of them until now, which defeats the point now of knowing lol

edited February 2022

@HostMT3 said:
    Looks like RF Forum was been hacked and domains seized,

(a) I can reach raidforums.com
    (b) Russia (as well as Ukraine) has no control over .com domains

So I doubt that their domain has been seized.

Something is going on! This is not to discuss of RF, but how is the probability of RF Domain being under Russia hackers control ? Admins disappeared also..

It's usually very hard to attribute ("who did it?") hacking (although media do it frequently albeit willy nilly).

If that site has indeed been hacked it might have to do with diverse idiots calling for the hacking of russian (mostly state) entities. And again, there are "diverse" (read, mostly made up) news on that. Example: the russian department of defense having been hacked by "Anonymous" is a currently wide-spread but utterly wrong "news".

Give it a bit of time, maybe you are lucky and sometimes soon someone really in the know re. the Raidforums hack(?) will speak up.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited February 2022

@jsg said: (a) I can reach raidforums.com

If you had read the OP you'd have realized that someone is running a RF lookalike that doesn't work, and is probably phishing users' credentials.

Thanked by 2lentro raindog308

@stevewatson301 said:

@jsg said: (a) I can reach raidforums.com

If you had read the OP you'd have realized that someone is running a RF lookalike that doesn't work, and is probably phishing users' credentials.

Actually I did read the OP. And while your interpretation is among the possible ones it's different from mine.
    It seems you selectively picked out only one point of my response, but maybe that's all you've read.

Btw. said forum site is with Cloudflare since 2015.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Paying forum member. Don't need to clear logs or change my password. I'll never apologize for downloading every database I'm in and finding out what it has on me.

• How could their domains be seized?
    Unless someone hack the owner email password, 2FA, clone cell phone number?
    If this was the case, everyone bank accounts are at risk.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@HostMT3 said: the admins doesn't talk anymore

There can be lots of possibilities and speculations to how something was "hacked" and "seized".

If their admins doesn't/didn't/won't talk about it, I don't see why we should be discussing about this either.

Just my 2 cents.

• Didn`t Russia cut the external internet connection?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Strange indeed. Just beginning of this month it was down 2 weeks because On twitter they say admin got attacked by a mountain lion and is now on life support.

• HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited February 2022

Guys... you are not understanding the issue. RaidForums always was this problems month by month or others, like DDoS Attacks against Forum, but always they announced that are fixing it, they are doing this or that. Now this is different! They disappear after announcing a few hours that will ban Russians for their forum, after that the forum is "seized" Jaw is Admin, but RaidForums still running like a Phishing Page to catch your credentials probably?

1. The possibility of RaidForums being under control of Russian are higher, no makes sense few hours after their announce their domain was been "seized" and still working??? All pages doesn't work and goes directly to Login page! If is seized, why it still working?

2. No any news of journals, about this.. No cybersecurity news, no seize announcement nothing!

3. Telegram group disappeared (they announce there), if you are in Channel you can probably see it, but who is searching for the group channel it doesn't appear in Telegram, that means that was been deleted or something is under control.

4. In past weeks, the Admin Omni was said to other admins that was been attacked by a mountain lion and now is on life support.. But he logged to his account recently no announces are made, all are made from Jaw, this is suspicious, very suspicious. In this last days after this announce of being seized, Omni (the owner) was login hours ago...

5. Domain of backup (they always have some of them) are currently offline and no any announcement in RF.to (backup domain) is everything offline? No news, even if is seized why not shows anything? Weired weired...

6. After you try to login to your account, your will be banned from Cloudflare rate limit? Why? Something is going on.. if you go with VPN everything works but after you try to login it will be blocked, not only me reporting that but more people.

Which is the link of telegram, because who aren't in the telegram group can't find it even searching.

The only guy who can explain that (I can't confirm) but looks like this is Jaw?
    https://twitter.com/Jan0fficial (not sure)

@donko said:
    "Raidforums dot com is one of the largest clearnet hacking forums. It offers stolen databases, login credentials, adult content, and hacking tools for free download."

(????) :D

(this is supposed to be a bad new?)

Not everyone who is registered is a CyberCriminal, the RF had many categories like Programming, Lifestyle, Security, Lounge and News of the world etc.

Don't put everyone in the same eggs, quite different.

@jsg said:

@HostMT3 said:
    Looks like RF Forum was been hacked and domains seized,

(a) I can reach raidforums.com
    (b) Russia (as well as Ukraine) has no control over .com domains

So I doubt that their domain has been seized.

It's usually very hard to attribute ("who did it?") hacking (although media do it frequently albeit willy nilly).

If that site has indeed been hacked it might have to do with diverse idiots calling for the hacking of russian (mostly state) entities. And again, there are "diverse" (read, mostly made up) news on that. Example: the russian department of defense having been hacked by "Anonymous" is a currently wide-spread but utterly wrong "news".

Give it a bit of time, maybe you are lucky and sometimes soon someone really in the know re. the Raidforums hack(?) will speak up.

RF.to domain of backup is down, telegram disappeared if you search in telegram you can't find it. Unless you are in group? Owners and Admins always report something like we are offline etc etc, but this time is different. Read the tweets and just look the time and what I wrote now.. Shouldn't be difficult to the domain be "seized" but not from Authorities.. Think about it.

>

@HostSlick said:
    Strange indeed. Just beginning of this month it was down 2 weeks because On twitter they say admin got attacked by a mountain lion and is now on life support.

>

Yup, and you can add that Omni this recent weeks was login in their account hours ago, no replies, no annouces, no explanation. Also if you login to your account you will be banned from cloudflare after that even if is only 1 time. But with VPN or other IP you can access again, all pages redirect to login, even recover password..

I think someone was been wiped.. You know what I mean..

• Telegram group is a private one and you wouldn’t see it anyway by searching normally. This is how it looks now.

Thanked by 1jsg

@rober7 said:
    Didn`t Russia cut the external internet connection?

I can reach my couple of russian VPSs without any problems.

@HostMT3 said:
    RF.to domain of backup is down, telegram disappeared if you search in telegram you can't find it. Unless you are in group? Owners and Admins always report something like we are offline etc etc, but this time is different. Read the tweets and just look the time and what I wrote now.. Shouldn't be difficult to the domain be "seized" but not from Authorities.. Think about it.

raidforums.to is cloudflared too.

As for your "explanation", pardon me, but all I see is some kind of theory with few facts backing it up. Maybe you are plus-minus right, probably not. Frankly, I don't care a lot because to me "black hat hacker forum hacked/seized/crippled" is good news and I don't care a whole lot about the details.
    Plus you wrote in a way that makes it hard to understand, e.g. 'RF' makes one wonder what the hell you are even talking about.

I wish you, the person well, but about the black hats I don't care at all, not even if they walked on a mine.

• @jsg said:

@rober7 said:
    Didn`t Russia cut the external internet connection?

I can reach my couple of russian VPSs without any problems.

@HostMT3 said:

raidforums.to is cloudflared too.

As for your "explanation", pardon me, but all I see is some kind of theory with few facts backing it up. Maybe you are plus-minus right, probably not. Frankly, I don't care a lot because to me "black hat hacker forum hacked/seized/crippled" is good news and I don't care a whole lot about the details.
    Plus you wrote in a way that makes it hard to understand, e.g. 'RF' makes one wonder what the hell you are even talking about.

I wish you, the person well, but about the black hats I don't care at all, not even if they walked on a mine.

Nope, raidforums.to is not from RaidForums at least my knowledge. Their backup domain is rf.to instead raidforums.to

Seems strange, no any news from Staff, no any explanation what happened.

RaidForums looks like is not safe anymore, I suspected that when they comeback after being attacked by a Mountain Lion. It remains online..

In the coming weeks will be dark for some users maybe. It is being under control of someone, but no one knows it. After all, something very very dark and dangerous is maybe happening behind the scenes, just saying that.

Like I said JSG, not all people who uses the raidforums or other forums related with hacking and security, uses do to any illegal activity not all of us does that. We can use it to talk about other things... After all that is a forum, and forum means a lot of categories.

Be prepared.

• HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited March 2022

This is confirmed, for several days without any news nor the backup domain works. It is clearly and evidently that this forum is under some international authority or else they are logging all users who try to log into their account, to be investigated. It's too strange, too many consciences. Impossible not to be true. Because whenever the forum was down, it returned days later or warned in other ways. In this case there is even a huge suspicion of being under someone's control. And I won't say more.

It is not reliable to use Raidforums anymore. Even if no one has done anything illegal, it's too many consciences and meaningless excuses.

• sandozsandoz Veteran

Yup probably confirmed by this:

Say goodbye..

I guess I don't see the value in the data you'd get from owning raid forums. The data shared can all be found elsewhere, and knowing who downloaded a database probably isn't helpful to find who is using them in any attacks. Might serve as a complimentary data point but.... minimally.

Surely they're not going to try to claim sharing publicized data leaks is illegal. Otherwise seize haveibeenpwned, the worst known offender.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Forums like this get hacked 24/7, it's nothing new. You just have to pray that the person who setup the forum can properly secure a database so your passwords are safe. Use randomly generated passwords for any forum to keep your primary password safe and you're on with your day.

• VoidVoid Member

@jar said:
    I guess I don't see the value in the data you'd get from owning raid forums. The data shared can all be found elsewhere, and knowing who downloaded a database probably isn't helpful to find who is using them in any attacks. Might serve as a complimentary data point but.... minimally.

Surely they're not going to try to claim sharing publicized data leaks is illegal. Otherwise seize haveibeenpwned, the worst known offender.

maybe some of the data leaked there are by the criminals themselves

Thanked by 1jar
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited March 2022

@aqua said:
    Forums like this get hacked 24/7, it's nothing new. You just have to pray that the person who setup the forum can properly secure a database so your passwords are safe. Use randomly generated passwords for any forum to keep your primary password safe and you're on with your day.

They didn't get hacked. Did you see the tweet I posted? Raidforums.com still online but looks like they are logging every single user that is using their forum. The most weired thing, is they don't seized the domain and added their image of being seized.

The forum is probably compromised. And admins under pressure from Authorities... Even their backup RF.to isn't working.

In next months something will come in news...
    Nothing good. Since no one was updated in telegram about this..

We can be 50/50 sure that RF was gone. And all data is under investigation. That's what it is.

@jar said:

>

I think they just want know who is behind X or Y account that posted leaks in RF. Like big Databases.. This happens when Staff decided to ban all Russians from forum, a couple of hours they got offline and comeback with only login page working, everything is redirected to login.

Thanked by 1jar
    edited March 2022

@sandoz said: everything is redirected to login

It's moments like this that I love not having ye olde "universal password" anymore.