Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Direct Admin setup with email and Custom build
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Direct Admin setup with email and Custom build

Could anyone guide me through the process of setting up direct admin with a mail server and custom build? My custom-build keeps failing and have no idea to set up the mail. I am not asking anyone to spoon feed me but maybe help me go to the right docs and stuff. I have been trying for a month, that's the only reason I have come here for help. Any help will be regarded with much thanks from me :blush:

Comments

• Also, how do I make the name servers on my domain work :joy:

• @tmepy said:
    Could anyone guide me through the process of setting up direct admin with a mail server and custom build? My custom-build keeps failing and have no idea to set up the mail. I am not asking anyone to spoon feed me but maybe help me go to the right docs and stuff. I have been trying for a month, that's the only reason I have come here for help. Any help will be regarded with much thanks from me :blush:

What's the error

@tmepy said:
    Also, how do I make the name servers on my domain work :joy:

Setup glue records first on your domain registrar

• Please start from here: docs.directadmin.com
    If you keep falling please come back with more details for your error.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

For starters, you don't have to touch anything including custombuild, DirectAdmin default install include working email setup for domain you add. Hence you have to be more specific about issue you are facing.

For custom nameserver, you to create A records for your nameservers ie. ns1.yourDomain.com --> your IP etc. , then at your domain registrar level , need to set glue records for it, some call it "child nameserver", some call it simply "Register Nameserver" , varies registrar to registrar.

Once done that, you can use you n1.yourDomain.com as nameserver given that its pointing to server where DNS server is properly configured.

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited February 2022

Okay, thanks
    I will get back to you guys after trying to install again