Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

disgusting resale behavior happened after the Greencloud TOP PROVIDER CELEBRATION
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

disgusting resale behavior happened after the Greencloud TOP PROVIDER CELEBRATION

KASSAKASSA Member
edited February 2022 in General

Brother, I found a post while browsing a well-known VPS exchange forum in mainland China:

In order to prevent the poster from deleting the post, I save the screenshot.

I have roughly analyzed the content of the post, and there are the following key points:

1. The person purchased four promotional machines from TOP PROVIDER CELEBRATION
    https://hostloc.com/thread-975370-1-1.html

2222-HK Greencloud.1645773301
2222-JP Greencloud.1645542284
2222-SG Greencloud.1645757893
2222-LA Greencloud.1645773293

I think there is no problem in buying so much. People who have money also want to express their support for Greencloud with their actual behavior.

1. But the act of taking up inventory and reselling it at a doubled price is disgusting.

The original price of the machine is $22.22 , which is equivalent to about 140 CNY, but the so-called "buyer" want to sale them at a one-time price over 260 CNY, which is about US$40.

Judging from the behavior of this buyer, it was not really bought and used, but it was obviously malicious hoarding and resale.

Do you need to deal with this behavior?

@NDTN

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2022

If no one buys it they won't do it again. If someone buys it, they considered it worth it. If someone pays what they think is appropriate for something, the only solution is clearly to build camps and round them up. The only way to stop capitalists is to commit a mass atrocity.

Go get em boys.

Thanked by 2ariq01 ooowwww
  • @jar said:
    If no one buys it they won't do it again. If someone buys it, they considered it worth it. If someone pays what they think is appropriate for something, the only solution is clearly to build camps and round them up. The only way to stop capitalists is to commit a mass atrocity.

bro, that's so true

Thanked by 1jar
  • This is nothing new honestly. I think spartanhost deals were going for 3-4x of the yearly price. The insane virmach deals and the 8888 greencloud deals probably go for way more. Maybe 10x? 20x? I believe there was also some guy on LET who pretty much does this kinda reselling for a living. He resells all kinds of deals off LET, and even sells shit like google voice accounts.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • can you replace this link https://hostloc.com/thread-975370-1-1.html
    everyone in his thread saying he is an idiot and no one will buy from him.
    suggest you post this after he finishes the resale

• I hate this scalper. Same with Playstation 5 and Xbox scalper. The only way to stop it is don't buy from them and spread the word.

• IMHO, allowing transfer of those special deals is too generous.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@BetaMaster said:
    I hate this scalper. Same with Playstation 5 and Xbox scalper. The only way to stop it is don't buy from them and spread the word.

I hate the people who buy from the scalpers. They could put a stop to it all much faster.

• @BetaMaster said:
    I hate this scalper. Same with Playstation 5 and Xbox scalper. The only way to stop it is don't buy from them and spread the word.

I don't know if you were aware, but these scalpers pretty much bot all kinds of things. Sneakers, gpus, game consoles and anything that is worth flipping. People kept talking about shoe proxies a few years back in LET. They still exist, just the market got saturated and mature. Probably a lot of competition now, but still profitable.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

I have so many things to say, but at the end of the day, it is not something we can control, when there's a will there's a way.

Just stop buying from them, missing a deal is not end of the world.

Thanked by 2lentro FrankZ
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@KASSA said: Do you need to deal with this behavior?

Fortunately I don't.

But if you do, this might help:

Thanked by 2jar FAT32
  • @DP said:

@KASSA said: Do you need to deal with this behavior?

Fortunately I don't.

But if you do, this might help:

cool dawg

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 2022

missing a deal is not end of the world.

I had opportunity on this deal but I chose not to take it because I already have enough capacity.
    Some people need to get a life and stop worrying about deals.

The goodness of LowEndBox network has been squeezing as much as possible from the smallest possible machines.
    Nowadays people are grabbing too many machines while running bloated software (e.g. WordPress, DirectAdmin).

• The end is nigh.

• the solution is to prohibit transfer services for up to 60 days, such as domain registration

• @umzak said:
    the solution is to prohibit transfer services for up to 60 days, such as domain registration

dude, that might work

• @umzak said:
    the solution is to prohibit transfer services for up to 60 days, such as domain registration

That's a good idea.

And one more employed by HostHatch, charge a one time fee of around $10, or sth.

Frankly, few people would really miss chance of grabbing the ideal deal, and Service Transfer board is somewhat necessary, but selling with extra profit and purchasing these plans with sole purpose of reselling should not be tolerated.

• KASSAKASSA Member
    edited February 2022

@KASSA said:
    Brother, I found a post while browsing a well-known VPS exchange forum in mainland China:

I have roughly analyzed the content of the post, and there are the following key points:

I think there is no problem in buying so much. People who have money also want to express their support for Greencloud with their actual behavior.

1. But the act of taking up inventory and reselling it at a doubled price is disgusting.

The original price of the machine is $22.22 , which is equivalent to about 140 CNY, but the so-called "buyer" want to sale them at a one-time price over 260 CNY, which is about US$40.

Judging from the behavior of this buyer, it was not really bought and used, but it was obviously malicious hoarding and resale.

@NDTN

@KASSA said:

@NDTN

latest news, this person's original post has been edited and can no longer be viewed, fortunately I took a screenshot.

Hope Greencloud might give some official solutions?Encourage? intolerable?

@NDTN

• KASSAKASSA Member
    edited February 2022

Let's take a look at the personal homepage of this scalpers. Judging from its recent posts, there have been many resale behaviors.

• @aRNoLD said:

@umzak said:

That's a good idea.

And one more employed by HostHatch, charge a one time fee of around $10, or sth.

Frankly, few people would really miss chance of grabbing the ideal deal, and Service Transfer board is somewhat necessary, but selling with extra profit and purchasing these plans with sole purpose of reselling should not be tolerated.

HostHatch additionally have a policy of not transferring for a month. It is called a "support ticket" :smiley:

• @KASSA said:

@umzak said:

dude, that might work

yes, but from the provider's perspective, this idea may not be profitable, because it can reduce the selling point

• How do we go about defining the act of resale? There are other people on this forum who sell their vps below the purchase price, is this behavior also to be criticized?

They are not doing it to make money, because it is just a meal compared to the time and risk they have spent.

• Greencloud please release more vps.
    If we can buy it much easier,it would not be a question.

• people from China seem to love GreenCloud for some reasons.

• @Goodtesteronline said:
    people from China seem to love GreenCloud for some reasons.

Nice network from china and unlock Netflix

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited February 2022

@20211114 said:
    How do we go about defining the act of resale? There are other people on this forum who sell their vps below the purchase price, is this behavior also to be criticized?

They are not doing it to make money, because it is just a meal compared to the time and risk they have spent.

dont lump legit resale behaviour together with shady scalping shitheads who dont know how to get a proper job.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur paijrut
  • Because resources are limited, value is generated

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

We will look into this, maybe we will charge a high fee for the 2nd or 3rd transfer request. The transfer/"push" requests recently requiring a lot of our staff's time too.

• That way, we have a greater chance to get deals :D

• fanfan Veteran

@NDTN said: a high fee

Or perhaps a period of months before it can be transferred.