Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ukraine calls on hacker underground to defend against Russia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

sandozsandoz Veteran
edited February 2022 in General

«The government of Ukraine is asking for volunteers from the country's hacker underground to help protect critical infrastructure and conduct cyber spying missions against Russian troops, according two people involved in the project.»

Some people are talking about that US have the power to disconnect Russia, Shutdown eletricity is that even true?

What you think? You agree with that?
Apparently Anonymous already started to DDoS, Rússia websites...

Sources:

https://www.reuters.com/world/exclusive-ukraine-calls-hacker-underground-defend-against-russia-2022-02-24/

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/ukraine-to-impose-state-of-emergency-but-no-martial-law-yet

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What goes around comes around.

• Well, both Russia and Ukraine is enough powerful when it comes to cyberwar.

Lets see who survive.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited February 2022

@DP said:

At least someone already started it.

Should be insane to see.

@Boogeyman said:
    Well, both Russia and Ukraine is enough powerful when it comes to cyberwar.

Lets see who survive.

This press news was been realized in few hours.. Not all journals are sharing until now. Probably tomorrow we will see that

• Anonymouse: Takes out a random Russian website.
    Putin: Oh nooo! Anyway…

• Had they not attack IT for the past 7 years, not introduced censorship. Perhaps we could have helped them. Now they're stuck with their incompetent suckers.

• @sandoz said:

@DP said:

At least someone already started it.

Should be insane to see.

@Boogeyman said:

Lets see who survive.

This press news was been realized in few hours.. Not all journals are sharing until now. Probably tomorrow we will see that

perhaps Anonymous=USCYBERCOM, who knows B)

• @hotsnow said:
    perhaps Anonymous=USCYBERCOM, who knows B)

I think so

• @Boogeyman said:

Lets see who survive.

@UrDN said:
    Had they not attack IT for the past 7 years, not introduced censorship. Perhaps we could have helped them. Now they're stuck with their incompetent suckers.

It is what it is... Feel free to think what you want. You are maybe correct.

• @jmaxwell said:
    Anonymouse: Takes out a random Russian website.

You say that, but I'm betting on some serious butthurt.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

What does DDoSing some random Russian government websites and releasing some DB's do for the war effort? Some IT nerds get upset and frazzled for a bit.

Wake me up when critical infrastructure is impacted.

• @UrDN said:
    Had they not attack IT for the past 7 years, not introduced censorship. Perhaps we could have helped them. Now they're stuck with their incompetent suckers.

Please clearify. Who attacked IT in the last 7 years and how ( if you're talking about Ukraine, give me a law number so I can check)?

Because you used the word "censorship", I thought you were talking about Russia, then again, one can hardly call Russian cyber sector "incompetent suckers" by any stretch of imagination.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @DanSummer said: Please clearify. Who attacked IT in the last 7 years

Russia & Ukraine. Whenever there was spam comments on my WP, spam mail, vulnerability scanner, port scanner, etc most of these were from Russia & Ukraine. And whenever I checked these were specific ISP & City. Moscow & Kyiv.

• DDoS to gov sites [noobs] , Why ? You have done nothing

1.If you want to do real damage shut down their Electricity , without that they are dead.
    2. Ban all Russian ASN everywhere
    3. Remove them from SWIFT
    4. They are capitulated.

1. Done
    Thanked by 1dedicados
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

This video says Anonymous (called the global IT society here) has collected $15M to pay Russians to return home. Bravo.

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

Literally dude hahah

@jmaxwell said:
    Anonymouse: Takes out a random Russian website.

• Anonymous, as far as I understand, is expected to be a loose cannon. Targeting all the sides would be an ideal approach.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

When Anonymous takes control of Russian weapons let me know, otherwise, it is futile.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

in the name of anonymous , It is really usa military NSA department

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

@Arkas said: When Anonymous takes control of Russian weapons let me know, otherwise, it is futile.

>

I heard Russian weapons are all potatoes.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited February 2022

@hostdare said:
    in the name of anonymous , It is really usa military NSA department

In name of Anonymous this Tweet was been wrote.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FedorovMykhailo/status/1497642156076511233

In name of Anonymous, that account seems to be verified.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Yes thats is what is like the weapons that is being provided by USA and allies to Ukraine .

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited February 2022

To be fair, on the Anonymous discussion, a lot is happening. What I can tell so far is it is because of help of people in Russia and in the military helping provide access to systems.

Anonymous members have claimed ...

To have

• hacked local tv stations to play the ukraine Presidents message
    • taken down large gov websites
    • leaked out passwords and user information of military personelle (with one of the leak sites mysteriously going offline afterwards and claiming they were taken over)
    • deleted government data, websites and services
    • intercepted and publicly shared communication between Russian militia

It is however important to remember that anonymous is not one group or individual

• anonymous members in Russia support have also been targeting Ukraine systems
    • anonymous supporters of Russia have also began attacking US servers and systems, as they believe the war was caused by the US

So while I agree it is minor in the midst of war - it is still impactful and not something to discredit or ignore. It is at the very least causing a distraction to some military and gov persons in Russia.

A key problem happening now is most of the sanctions (and things like cities throwing away Russian products) is mainly impacting the citizens, many of whom are protesting to stop the war. At least in the Anonymous methodology the attacks online are targeting actual gov and military digital assets.

I don't know how to word this but the bigger problem happening now is Poland and Ukraines treatment of many immigrants in the country trying to leave. This is causing an us versus them within Ukraine and Poland that is rallying support to the Russian side. So I would expect groups like anonymous to continue to splinter more and more into both sides of the war.

Thanked by 2bulbasaur hostdare
  • Yeah start World War 3. Who cares.

This discussion has been closed.