Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

› VERO SERVERS to support Ukrainians 🇺🇦
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VERO SERVERS to support Ukrainians 🇺🇦

verovero Member, Host Rep

Current situation doesn't require further explanation.

This is not an advertising.

If you are citizen of Ukraine, which resides permanently (at least until today) in Ukraine (except territories of Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk) and need assistance obtaining web hosting account or managed virtual server, we are ready to provide them at significant discounts up to prime cost or completely free service (e.g. in case of hosting small website).

Time of offer is not limited for now. Conditions and price won't be set permanently. This is not actually an offer in conventional sense, because it is not an effort to try to benefit from a tragedy. We not aim to tie anyone to our services, we want you to be more free more than ever. And whole your country.

If you need such assistance from our side - please provide some details about your project and about yourself as well by email [email protected]. Currently we can offer web hosting in Germany, separate servers - actually all across the world. Services can't be used for propaganda, spread hatred or any malicious activities defined in our TOS.

P. S.

For those who are reading this post accidentally or just looking for provider - please consider all other LET providers, which are brilliant professionals in doing their business. If this post violates any forum rules, please let me know so I can change it. This is not product or service offer, perhaps only offer to actually help.

Comments

• some ukraine guy: Vitaly the missles are coming lets go to the bunker
    vitaly: wait, i need to finish my website first

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2022

@henix said:
    some ukraine guy: Vitaly the missles are coming lets go to the bunker

Exactly what I thought. Like great love it. Love the friendly support. But also lol.

"Wait let me finish installing Wordpress"

Thanked by 2henix miroc
  • @henix said:
    some ukraine guy: Vitaly the missles are coming lets go to the bunker

Yeah as much as I respect the sentiment, a web host is not what Ukrainians need right now.

I got people in my not so close circle trying to bus/fly Ukrainians out of the country.

• Is this an ad?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Aye. I say ban OP.

• This so called offer by the OP is akin to ambulance chasing;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambulance_chasing

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@Weblogics said:
    This so called offer by the OP is akin to ambulance chasing;
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambulance_chasing

Not bad, as I appear to be in a company of all Lithuanian mobile operators (who offer free services in UA) and many many more businesses. Everyone should do what they can. If I could dispatch a nuke by Fedex, probably I wouldn't hesitate. If I would be a lawyer (their company is not alien to me), I doubt you would find me lurking near ambulances. I'm not looking for opportunity to sell hosting - I have no need to do that, but if some peaceful people have urgency to move their services from their country temporarily, to keep them online, I will help. In two years being here I didn't post an advertising ever. And this post wasn't one.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • I don't understand the point of this thread.

Sorry @vero

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

I like the effort and the help you are willing to give but honestly i don't think people living in Ukraine now need a few dollars hosting worth for free.

Thanked by 1sgno1
  • @vero said:

If you are citizen of Ukraine, which resides permanently (at least until today) in Ukraine (except territories of Crimea, Donetsk and Luhansk) and need assistance obtaining web hosting account or managed virtual server, we are ready to provide them at significant discounts up to prime cost or completely free service (e.g. in case of hosting small website).

Time of offer is not limited for now. Conditions and price won't be set permanently. This is not actually an offer in conventional sense, because it is not an effort to try to benefit from a tragedy. We not aim to tie anyone to our services, we want you to be more free more than ever. And whole your country.

If you need such assistance from our side - please provide some details about your project and about yourself as well by email [email protected]. Currently we can offer web hosting in Germany, separate servers - actually all across the world. Services can't be used for propaganda, spread hatred or any malicious activities defined in our TOS.

P. S.

For those who are reading this post accidentally or just looking for provider - please consider all other LET providers, which are brilliant professionals in doing their business. If this post violates any forum rules, please let me know so I can change it. This is not product or service offer, perhaps only offer to actually help.

link to orderpage?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2022

nvm

• Banking on the war. Vulture mentality. Please ban op.

• I need ASAP an Server to host the secret Russian plans

• I don't think they have anything better to do than to focus on servers right now.

@BlaZe said:
    nvm

Shouldn't have deleted the original post. The only suicide for company is doing business with Russia. Two main food supermarket networks in our country stopped selling Russian products.

@LTniger said:
    Banking on the war. Vulture mentality. Please ban op.

1. Your nick. 2. Constant Yandex advertiser.

I can still suffer both, just don't interfere. I don't need fucken money. Have you read my post???

@TeoM said:
    I don't think they have anything better to do than to focus on servers right now.

Absolutely. But they suffer cyberattacks.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited February 2022

@vero said:

Not the h(v)ero we deserve.

• Good offer as a little support is better than nothing.

Thanked by 1vero
  • @vero said: Services can't be used for propaganda, spread hatred

So basically your TOS is against all you are doing here. Spreading hatred and propaganda is 1st thing you did :
    If I could dispatch a nuke by Fedex, probably I wouldn't hesitate.
    Also bashing @LTniger thinking he is pro-russian with : Constant Yandex advertiser.

Thanked by 2miroc 0xbkt
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@TeoM said:
    I don't think they have anything better to do than to focus on servers right now.

I actually had some cancellations already coming in from Customers from UA

@emperor said:

@vero said: Services can't be used for propaganda, spread hatred

So basically your TOS is against all you are doing here. Spreading hatred and propaganda is 1st thing you did :
    If I could dispatch a nuke by Fedex, probably I wouldn't hesitate.

Can't tear pieces from context, I wanted to say, that everyone should help with what they can.

Also bashing @LTniger thinking he is pro-russian with : Constant Yandex advertiser.

That was counter bash. No?

All we have to follow here is LET rules, I guess.

• Peace Love Unity Respect <3

• KermEdKermEd Member
    edited February 2022

@vero said:

we are ready to provide them at significant discounts up to prime cost

Oh how nice of you. This guy will sell you services most likely only a bit above cost :P Just don't post on the server you buy about what is happening. Oh how nice. Good thing he got his company name in all caps in the tread title :D

• @KermEd said:

@vero said:

we are ready to provide them at significant discounts up to prime cost

Oh how nice of you. This guy will sell you services most likely only a bit above cost :P Just don't post on the server you buy about what is happening. Oh how nice. Good thing he got his company name in all caps in the tread title :D

It's always easy to react cynically to a person's offer of help, but it seems to me that the OP's initial post -- unedited, by the way -- was made in good faith and is a genuine offer of help. We could argue about the practicality of his offer of help in the current situation, but I don't see an attempt at shameless self-promotion, and he also says that if someone is just looking for a provider, there are plenty of good providers on LET to consider.

(Note also that the OP has a provider tag and hasn't posted any ads until now.)

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 2022

Maybe that is the help the baltic micro states made so much noise about ("strongly standing at the side of Ukrainia and ready to defend them").
    So, applause for @vero who does at least something, anything ...

@KermEd said: Oh how nice of you. Seriously, can we just ban the OP and move on?

No, you can't move on anyway, this might be the end of the road for humanity. If we failure to react.

@KermEd said:
    This is a two pronged goal, maybe get 1 or 2 cheap sign-ups, but mostly to get free advertising about "how caring they are". If they really wanted to help Ukraine, they wouldn't be posting here of all places. Moreover, I think the number of people caring about this particular problem is about 0.001% of people. I'm sure worrying about being bombed and getting out alive is kind of the #1 priority right now. But hey this guy without a provider tag will sell you services only a bit above cost :P

I don't like those bragging about donations, but Lithuanians (country with <3M population) donated our local organization Blue/Yellow to support Ukraine 1M € just today. I invite you to join.

And as I mentioned, I'm not looking for sales. Consider me offering refugee camp for websites. It's free. If you consider this a shameful practice, then I'm sorry. Just want those 0.001% of people in need to know that I support them and ready to help.

Good thing he got his company name in all caps in the tread title :D

What are other options - my country name or my personal name? This title is written in caps by default.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • KermEdKermEd Member
    edited February 2022

@angstrom said:

It's always easy to react cynically to a person's offer of help

Fair points!

@vero said:
    I don't like those bragging about donations, but Lithuanians (country with <3M population) donated our local organization Blue/Yellow to support Ukraine 1M € just today. I invite you to join.

I agree with you, I am retracting my statement. Blop blop blop.

That said - I wouldn't t underestimate what I've contributed (I chose the Red Cross for reference). Just keep in mind I would have no interest in showing that kind of thing off on LET. No slight meant with the statement - but no easier way to word it. You have my support for what little that is worth :D

• How about you host up a NextCloud chat or mastodon server to help with communications, I'll do one out of Finland too.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited February 2022

A war is like natural calamity for common people of any country, so if any host is offering help in such situation should be welcomed. Had it been Ukraine attacking Russian cities I hope OP (or any other host) would have offered similar support for Russians too. Hosts should stay neutral unless their servers are used for spreading hatred or propaganda.

• @LTniger said:
    Banking on the war. Vulture mentality. Please ban op.

Ban him for what? I can see you're not a very cultured person with that kind of name.

Thanked by 1TimboJones