Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email hosting. Which would you recommend
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email hosting. Which would you recommend

Hey!

Recently had an idea to test out new ones on the market(paid/free). Up to 10 users.

Found out Zoho, kinda nice UI, good prices and wanted to ask, which one you would recommend using? More for production(company) nor personal emails.

I'm already using MXRoute / Yandex, so please skip them :)

I'm interested more in nice/friendly UI, not like we're in 90-ies

Cheers!

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net

Comments

• Migadu was pretty nice last time I used. I heard mailcheap is also good :)

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

Migadu.

It uses rainloop as the client, which looks nice to me.

But, if you don’t like the UI feel free to use another client

• Btw, larksuite also having nice UI, but as far as i heard, its not a trusty company.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Mxroute @jar

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited February 2022

@Astro said:
    Mxroute @jar

They explicitly mentioned against suggesting MXroute:

@CalmDown said:
    I'm already using MXRoute / Yandex, so please skip them :)

However, +1 Migadu. They provide a nice service, it's just not as "low end" in comparison to MXroute, but definitely better than G Suite and the likes, while also being simple to use.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • quanhua92quanhua92 Member
    edited February 2022

Mxroute for cheap email hosting.

I had used Microsoft business basic before. In my country, they offer $2.5 per month for 1 account. It is possible to add alias email. You can try it if you professional services

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
  • i recommend pan_ia0_net email

Thanked by 1dosai
  • Etuorxm

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited February 2022

I hate to migrate mail stuff and dealing with incompetent mail providers...

From security and privacy point of a view I would recommend: tutanota (DE), mailbox.org (DE), runbox (NO) and protonmail (CH). Those are the best in the business I believe.

None of them is really cheap, but quality of service justify the price.
    My personal preference is mailbox.org plan for 3 bucks monthly. Modern clean interface, hundreds features/customisations, drive quota, calendar, notes, possibility to add 50 domains/aliases, etc....

• Mailgun

• Problem with Migadu is too small 20 out/day mail limit with $19/year package and 100 out/day for $9/month is just too expensive.

Most of the time I don't send out 20 mails even in whole week, but there may be specially busy day sometimes ... and I can't imagine to stuck with 20 mails limit. It's almost silly.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Rockster said:
    I hate to migrate mail stuff and dealing with incompetent mail providers...

From security and privacy point of a view I would recommend: tutanota (DE), mailbox.org (DE), runbox (NO) and protonmail (CH). Those are the best in the business I believe.

None of them is really cheap, but quality of service justify the price.
    My personal preference is mailbox.org plan for 3 bucks monthly. Modern clean interface, hundreds features/customisations, drive quota, calendar, notes, possibility to add 50 domains/aliases, etc....

if you want to host your mails at a minor political actor, then stay at mailbox.org! ;)

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • Don't use any mail provider speak to @Mr_Tom and get a virtual server with direct admin on it... you can have as many email accounts for whoever you want and fine tune the spam filtering to filter out most (ive got nearly all) the spam

And what's better if you take the managed service they will set you up with DNS Services and more ;)

Chip

Thanked by 1Mr_Tom
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Fastmail is great, probably the best for pure email.

Just not popular around here since it is not cheap.

Thanked by 2hyperblast jaden
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I've used Rackspace hosted mail for a few years now and it's great.

• i use mxroute (i know, just to make it clear) and mailgun, both are pretty reliable, but i do have a lot of domains so i kinda need something stable...

• @Nyr said:
    Fastmail is great, probably the best for pure email.

Just not popular around here since it is not cheap.

fm rocksoid since decades but damn expensive, indeed.

• Anyone explored Mutant Mail's ltd yet?

• RocksterRockster Member
    edited February 2022

@hyperblast said: if you want to host your mails at a minor political actor, then stay at mailbox.org! ;)

What does this even mean? :)

Thanked by 1Ironia
  • A bit expensive, but mailcow hosted could be an option.

• MXroute is great. I got their 100GB offer triennially in the past. Amazing deal.

• I used Zoho before our company grew up and needed Google. MXroute is still the one I'd recommend even if you are already using them.

• going to give purelymail a try

• DediRockDediRock Member, Patron Provider

I've never heard of any significant issues with Zoho. I know quite a few people that use them as well.

• Any of the recommended providers offer mail migration, easy to use type, say from GSuite?

From my amateur's perspective, if I migrate my A domain hosted at Google to another Email provider, I need to point DNS records, TX etc to that another provider but then the pop3 etc at Google would be invalid.

• @Rockster said:

@hyperblast said: if you want to host your mails at a minor political actor, then stay at mailbox.org! ;)

What does this even mean? :)

it means that mailbox.org is a politically motivated company and therefore i doubt its neutrality

• @quanhua92 said:
    @aRNoLD use this. Very good https://omm.ovh.net/

Thank you. Didn't know this amazing service.