Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you refuse to pay referral fees for paid orders due to the low percentage of paid orders?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will you refuse to pay referral fees for paid orders due to the low percentage of paid orders?

I've joined a provider's referral program since December last year. Payout level is 10% of each matured referral and days to mature is 45. Up to now, my account shows a total of 2516 clicks, 141 orders, and the actual number of paid orders is 89. You can see that the number of orders that have been paid normally is only about 63%.

I opened a withdrawal request a few days ago, and I know that many providers' referral programs automatically deduct all refunded and abnormal referral order fees. But the provider said that the percentage of paid orders placed through my AFF link is too low, and they refused to process my withdrawal request.
My withdrawal request only includes referral fees for normally paid orders, as unpaid orders are not allowed to mature in this referral program.

The provider says more than 50% of my referrals are fake or never paid or requested refund causing them loss & support time wate. I don't know if this is true or not, I just know that the fake and unpaid orders will not allowed to mature in the referral system and the payment gateway fee when the provider processes the refund is also deducted from the customer side. I'm sorry for the support time wasted if this is true.

Providers, have you enabled the automatic deduction of referral fees for unpaid and refunded orders in your referral program?
Will you refuse to pay referral fees because of the low percentage of regular paid orders to total orders?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net

Comments

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Let me help you out who is the provider? Next if they say the customers provided fake details well really the company needs to have better fraud prevention.

• Isn't the referral program kind of a contract? Does the contract mention such (abnormal IMO)?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

Name the provider so I can avoid them

Thanked by 2risharde pan_ia0_net
  • @sanvit said: Isn't the referral program kind of a contract? Does the contract mention such (abnormal IMO)?

No, I just checked again, there is nothing about the referral program in the AUP and TOS, they are using Blesta software.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Wow what a provider, you referred customers to them and they are now bailing out when having to pay you for your help.

• That's very strange of that business and sounds very scammy, if your referral system says you have x amount of credit from referrals then that's how much you have, it is up to them to have anti-fraud and to update their referrals to say this was a fraud order if it's not automated. Surely blesta does that. I would keep complaining and screenshot any proof you can that they owe you money, as well as any emails you received saying you have x amount of money earned this month VIA their affiliate system.

additionally, support costing them more than your referral is a dumb excuse by them, since well that's the business, the point of an affiliate is to lose a bit of money at first but over the long term, they become more profitable. some of the big companies pay websites $100+ per signup.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Name the provider. Hopefully that provider is here and can clarify.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

Naming or tagging the provider will help you out. Make sure you take a screenshot of their terms

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @abiaolaoge said:
    The provider says more than 50% of my referrals are fake or never paid or requested refund causing them loss & support time wate.

Most likely, the real problem is the refunds. I'm assuming your referrals are all chinese customers, and chinese tend to refund servers that don't work well with their local ISPs due to the firewall. There's also some other minor problems which I'm sure you are well aware of.

I think you deserve to take your referral fees so you can try naming the provider. But I understand why this provider doesn't want your referrals anymore.

• Oh man in the early days of the internet I joined referral programs too. TOTAL SCAM. Avoid at all costs.

• @NoComment said: Most likely, the real problem is the refunds.

Maybe, but this provider deducts Paypal fees for refunds.

@NoComment said: I'm assuming your referrals are all chinese customers

Indeed.

@NoComment said: chinese tend to refund servers that don't work well with their local ISPs due to the firewall

This is also true, which is why many providers only offer Alipay to Chinese customers.

@NoComment said: There's also some other minor problems which I'm sure you are well aware of.

Yes, I am well aware of these, such as Chinese customers selling idle vps to each other. This is why many providers do not allow changing account email addresses now.

@NoComment said: But I understand why this provider doesn't want your referrals anymore.

I understand this as well now, I have started to remove all advertising articles and review articles about this provider.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @WebHorizon
    Do I still have a chance to get back the referral fee for those normal status orders? If you still refuse to pay, I no longer hold any expectations.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • If you ask me, that conversion rate is pretty decent

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • Space_HostingSpace_Hosting Member, Host Rep

To answer your question directly: absolutely not, for example Space Hosting does not even take into account the percentage of orders paid. What sense would that make? Space Hosting establishes a minimum payout, no days to wait for withdraws and a fixed percentage of earnings.

I believe this provider took advantage of your work by making money and then refusing to reward you with an excuse. I'm sorry for the negative experience and for the time you wasted ...

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @Space_Hosting said:
    To answer your question directly: absolutely not, for example Space Hosting does not even take into account the percentage of orders paid. What sense would that make? Space Hosting establishes a minimum payout, no days to wait for withdraws and a fixed percentage of earnings.

I believe this provider took advantage of your work by making money and then refusing to reward you with an excuse. I'm sorry for the negative experience and for the time you wasted ...

Uncool. Your signature is also too long.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @abiaolaoge said:

@sanvit said: Isn't the referral program kind of a contract? Does the contract mention such (abnormal IMO)?

No, I just checked again, there is nothing about the referral program in the AUP and TOS, they are using Blesta software.

Even better. You and the provider had a contract so that you can refer customers to them, and they will provide X amount of money in return. If there is no terms that override this at the time of the contract, the provider is obligated to pay out such funds.

please name and shame the provider

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @sanvit said:

@abiaolaoge said:

@sanvit said: Isn't the referral program kind of a contract? Does the contract mention such (abnormal IMO)?

Even better. You and the provider had a contract so that you can refer customers to them, and they will provide X amount of money in return. If there is no terms that override this at the time of the contract, the provider is obligated to pay out such funds.

please name and shame the provider

Already tagged @WebHorizon

Thanked by 2sanvit pan_ia0_net
  • Now it's your turn to make some explanations @WebHorizon

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @Franzkafka said:
    Now it's your turn to make some explanations @WebHorizon

The provider was online 10 minutes ago and probably read the thread.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

False claims. user already got one payout yesterday to their paypal.
    we believe they are abusing the referral program & have good reasons to believe so.
    The referral system accounts on unique order basis, they get referral even if service doesn't activate.
    It goes like -
    We recieve a referral order > the client never pays the invoice > user still gets the referral award added to their sales.
    or
    The user opens a paypal case after order is completed.
    So their referral account was closed rightfully after approving yesterday's payout.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @WebHorizon said:
    False claims. user already got one payout yesterday to their paypal.

we believe they are abusing the referral program & have good reasons to believe so.
    The referral system accounts on unique order basis, they get referral even if service doesn't activate.
    It goes like -
    We recieve a referral order > the client never pays the invoice > user still gets the referral award added to their sales.

So their referral account was closed after yesterday's payout.

I think that is your system problem, and how he knows that the service is activated or not?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2022

@WebHorizon said: We recieve a referral order > the client never pays the invoice > user still gets the referral award added to their sales.

out of curiosity: what is the 'matured referral' thing about then? maybe you could have written up some terms about your ref program to protect yourself against abuse...

@abiaolaoge said:
    all advertising articles and review articles about this provider.

are you a brother of @gongyi ? ;-) ;-)

@Falzo said:

@WebHorizon said: We recieve a referral order > the client never pays the invoice > user still gets the referral award added to their sales.

out of curiosity: what is the 'matured referral' thing about then? maybe you could have written up some terms about your ref program to protect yourself against abuse...

There's a bug recently discovered . 'matured referral' gets added even if the order is cancelled, which allows gaining referral awards in an unethical manner. :/

Until we investigate this further, referral program is closed now to prevent more people adding to the abuse.

Thanked by 2Falzo pan_ia0_net
    1. Like I said before, an unpaid order will always be in a pending state and will never become a mature state.

2. Yesterday you paid for is my first withdrawal request on February 3rd, in fact you ignored it all the time, I sent a ticket and you ignored it until I tagged you in your thread.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • abiaolaogeabiaolaoge Member
    edited February 2022

@WebHorizon said: The referral system accounts on unique order basis, they get referral even if service doesn't activate.

It goes like

Please be honest, there are 141 orders, but only 89 valid counts, which should be 141 valid counts if that's like what you said.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • If there is a bug in your system, then what does it have to do with me, I don't know about this situation, and you directly conclude that I am abusing your referral system ?

At the same time, I always only want to get the referral fee for the service that has been paid and activated normally. I have been explaining this point. You refuse to pay referral fees for all valid orders due to a bug in your system?

@abiaolaoge said:

@WebHorizon said: The referral system accounts on unique order basis, they get referral even if service doesn't activate.

It goes like

Please be honest, there are 141 orders, but only 89 valid counts, which should be 141 valid counts if that's like what you said.

I'm being completely honest here.
    you could have just contacted us on ticket first for all the details & we can share the proofs, which we cannot on forum.
    what's the point of making this post ?

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • @WebHorizon said: what's the point of making this post ?

To be honest, this is the first time in my life that joined a referral system. I am feeling very depressed right now. I have never abused your referral system, I even voted for you in the LET poll 2021.

I just want to get the referral fee for valid orders. Your system should exclude invalid orders. It's a little unacceptable that you accuse me of abusing your referral system.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
    edited February 2022

@WebHorizon said: what's the point of making this post ?

To be honest, this is the first time in my life that joined a referral system. I am feeling very depressed right now. I have never abused your referral system, I even voted for you in the LET poll 2021.

It's a little unacceptable that you accuse me of abusing your referral system.

Well, The referral bug apart, but trend of referral orders also hinted abuse so the action..It's not something to be taken personally. If you believe it was an error on our part, could just update the ticket asking reconsideration instead of making a thread on LET. it's like making a mountain of a mole hill.

I just want to get the referral fee for valid orders.

So do we. As you've acknowledged receiving the last payout. We pay all valid referrals.
    We won't be discussing this anymore here.

Thanked by 1pan_ia0_net
  • If you believe it was an error on our part, could just update the ticket asking reconsideration instead of making a thread on LET. it's like making a mountain of a mole hill.

Why tho? I don't see anything wrong with that unless you're hiding something.
    If your referral program has a bug, then the onus is on you to intimate program members and related community of the same (which you didn't unless he pointed it out!)