Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta testers wanted for new anycasted(ipv6) dns services
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beta testers wanted for new anycasted(ipv6) dns services

netcomnetcom Member
edited February 2022 in General

Hey people of LET :)

I'm currently on a mission to deploy highly available(ipv6) dns service with dnssec support and local root for minimum RTT(no logging and bs, based on knot resolver from CZ.NIC). Currently i've deployed 3 locations in US(Dallas, New Jersey, Los Angeles) and 2 in Europe(Frankfurt, Vienna).

There are probably a few issues with routing here and there and i need your help to see where they are.

PLEASE DON'T APPLY IF:

• You don't have ipv6 from your provider(tunnels not accepted because of latency).
  • You don't want to give feedback
  • You joined less than 3 months ago and have less than 10 likes

Thank you very much! :smile:

Comments

• @bjo said:
    :)

Are you interested? Can i dm you? :smile:

• Yes, you can :)

• @netcom said: few issues with routing here and there

You might want to try out RIPE Atlas to check routing issues from various regions.

• I'm interested.

• I'm just curious, whats the use for this?

• @sanvit said:

@netcom said: few issues with routing here and there

You might want to try out RIPE Atlas to check routing issues from various regions.

I don't have credits for ripe atlas. :(

@duckeeyuck said:
    I'm just curious, whats the use for this?

The use is to build HA anycasted dns for public use.

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited February 2022

@netcom said: I don't have credits for ripe atlas.

DM me your email, and I'll help you get started. You can also try sending to their mailing list :)

If you have hosting with RIPE LIRs, you could also ask them for help as well, as they get certain amount of atlas credits every year

• Another way to gain Atlas credits is to run one of their probes. While they have run out of hardware probes now, one can also run a software probe for them. If you are planning more measurements over a longer time-scale this might be worth a look.