Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Managed server software that's working automatically, like runcloud ? :D
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Managed server software that's working automatically, like runcloud ? :D

pixluserpixluser Member
edited February 2022 in Help

Hi!
I'm a totaly newbie to sysadmin for real projects.
So I'm asking if there are some automatic software, for newbies like me, that only use their servers only for making and use their website, and nothing more.

I would like to have an openlightspeed server (for my single and multi wordpress sites) and the other things made automatically (updates, security), for backups I'll do some cron.

Like an opensource runcloud software. like if I was using the gridpane service or the cloudways… (I think gridpane is working with microk8)

Does it exists? thanks! (or do I must buy a managed vps instead)

Comments

• Cloudron and Yunohost?

Thanked by 3mrTom scooke pixluser
  • Ploi.io, moss.sh, serverpilot.io, cloudpanel.io

Thanked by 1pixluser
  • serveravatar.com

Thanked by 1pixluser
  • wow thanks so much possibility, all are safe for using for a business? that's a very cool news it does exists! cant't wait to read about them now!

• @pixluser said:
    wow thanks so much possibility, all are safe for using for a business? that's a very cool news it does exists! cant't wait to read about them now!

Always consider a worst-case scenario.
    What if there is data loss.
    Is a backup or restore function included.
    Ask yourself the general question: what if?

Thanked by 1pixluser
  • I pity your customers.

Thanked by 2t0m Ironia
  • @tetech said:
    I pity your customers.

They'll get a very good website, with a custom desgin, based on very cool builders... I'll choose a very nice stack based in openlightspeed maybe, I'll also do backups...

Why did you said that?

• @pixluser said:

@tetech said:
    I pity your customers.

They'll get a very good website, with a custom desgin, based on very cool builders... I'll choose a very nice stack based in openlightspeed maybe, I'll also do backups...

Why did you said that?

Because you wrote

@pixluser said: I'm a totaly newbie to sysadmin for real projects.

and

@pixluser said: if an user of my network, just misuse a page builder in wordpress multisite, and a bug occur, with a big cpu usage, all my multiple clients (that get their website) will have also their website disconnected... that's maybe not the best option for me a vps so, what's other solutions?

and other things that give the general impression of impending doom, like

@pixluser said: other things made automatically (updates, security)

Yet, it seems you will be providing the services you admit to having little clue about to customers.

• pixluserpixluser Member
    edited February 2022

Yet, it seems you will be providing the services you admit to having little clue about to customers.

yes I'm trying to find the best solution for hosting a wordpress multisite, where users can make their websites. (so I'm more selling a custom website than an empty hosting)

Maybe not a shared VPS so :) with strict CPU rules with ban if high cpu for too long.

Maybe a true VPS with dedicated ressources, or a dedicated server.
    Some people advice a premium shared simple hosting... I don't think it's a good idea.