Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Catalyst Host - 7 Months Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Catalyst Host - 7 Months Review

Hi Guys,

This is a review for Catalyst Host.
I have their Trenta VPS and Cpanel Reseller Hosting Package.

I have been on the VPS for now more than 7 months. My latest uptime shows this :
18:07:48 up 23 days, 3:48, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Therefore the VPS was up from 23 days. The VM has been very good on uptime and performance as I see, I host something critical with them.

The ticket reply times were great so far, I would say they would not reply you in 10 mins, but they would definitely reply you in 1 hour or so depending upon nature of your problem.

They are a bit pricey and expensive but this stands for the way of what I have seen is their business policy, they want to keep making profits enough to sustain a good business.

The best time to buy from them is whenever they post any kind of promo - Just rush and take one. They are humble, They would love to be paid on time and will allow you a few days overdue in the case you forget to pay.

What I loved with them is I could actually trust them - And they are making a profit for themselves keeps my mind on a bit peaceful side that they might not be running away as others in the LEB business do.

They recently did a 75% off on all the servers they had but it was only for internal customers, I loved it since it gives a belief in customers that their being loyal to company will bring them advantages rather than switching hosts for cheaper deals.

Performance of the VM is very good, You may find a lot of reviews and performance thread so I would not speak about it.

If you want to look for a reliable and trustworthy hosting you can choose them, It is a premium you are paying for good neighbors on your server. Their business methodology will keep them in business for long I believe ( I wish they do not sell or merge with other companies ).

I recommend they expand their territory into more offerings, Keep their business methodology intact - There are low discount hosting and their are premium offerings like theirs - both have their usage and customers -both serve different kind of needs.

I will give them a 4.0 out 5.0.

Pros : Uptime, Network, Polite and Available Staff, They care for you and their machines
Every customer is precious for them and thus they really do take things seriously
Cons : Expensive, Lack of versatility of offerings for now.

Anyways, Good things comes at premium, some people like buying Apple Macbooks, others will love their Dell. Both have their own usage and customer targets. Choose them for hosting something you really care about.

Thanks

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie

Comments

• support123support123 Member
    edited December 2013

Ryan is a good guy who is behind catalyst

• I don't like Ryan, he answers tickets so fast.

• @jcaleb said:
    I don't like Ryan, he answers tickets so fast.

I don't like their servers, now I don't have time to take a trip to the bathroom while I wait for apt-get update to finish.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@mcmyhost said:
    I don't like their servers, now I don't have time to take a trip to the bathroom while I wait for apt-get update to finish.

jcaleb said: I don't like Ryan, he answers tickets so fast.

LOL I am not sure how to take these comments :P Thanks guys, @mcmyhost if you would like I can always find a way to slow down the network for your VPS so you have time to get a bathroom break in :) If your using the Incero Mirror for net installs it is near impossible to get a break during a CentOS install.

@darknessends Thanks for the review, the kind words are appreciated :)

• Thanks @darknessends for the review!

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @mcmyhost said:

PM me for the message on which hosts to choose so you'll be able to take a trip to the bathroom, eat dinner, take a nap, and walk your dog while waiting for apt-get updates to finish. :P

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Ryan Arp is a class act, i just his early black friday special

Venti KVM Promo Limited to 10

3 CPU Core
    1024MB RAM
    60GB RAID10/SSD Cached Storage
    3TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port Speed
    1 IPv4 Address
    KVM/SolusVM
    $7/Month

i did not understand how the kvm os install worked, so i opened a ticket, he was about to install ubuntu 12.04 LTS for me, but at the last moment right before he was about to do the install i got it.

if you are green like me and you order KVM, your panel will have a virual CDRom drive that you can mount and unmount it has a dropdown menu with the list of os's, you install just like you would using virualbox in console - they do not send you a root password, you set it when you do the os install.

painfreepc || Client 11/24/2013 04:52
    i am not getting an install console, i have used manual install at backupsy, all i see here is a auto installer

Ryan Arp || Staff 11/24/2013 04:57
    Which ISO would you like me to mount for you? Currently I have set your KVM VPS to boot from CDROM and I have shut it down and turned it back on. If you login to console you will be at the CentOS 6.4 Installer. If you would like a different one I can help you with that as well.

painfreepc || Client 11/24/2013 04:57
    please install "Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit Minimal"

Ryan Arp || Staff 11/24/2013 05:02
    I see you taking over the install. So I will close out and let you do your thing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

painfreepc || Client 11/24/2013 05:18
    thanks, backupsy do not have cd install, this is very cool, sorry i a little new at this, only been doing the vps thing for a few months now.

Ryan Arp || Staff 11/24/2013 05:19
    No problem, Glad we could help :)

thanks Ryan and thanks to Don Park Catalyst Host Support - first to respond to ticket

Thanked by 1ryanarp
    edited December 2013

@painfreepc said:
    Ryan Arp is a class act, i just his early black friday special

Review Inception :) Thanks @painfreepc, that sure was one late night. 5AM lol

• ryanarp said: Review Inception :) Thanks @painfreepc, that sure was one late night. 5AM lol

Ryan never sleeps.

True story.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I have an OpenVZ VM with Catalyst Host that hosts something mission critical. Great service, great guys, great price, great service.

Thanked by 2ryanarp HalfEatenPie
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Catalyst hosts one of my most responsive and powerful VPS. True story. Admittedly I don't pay for it and there's quite a large conflict of interest in me reviewing it but you know, I like to brag on Ryan and Don because they really have done an incredible job. So take my words as a thanks to my buddies more than a review ;)

• Catalyst is boring. No downtime, no slowdowns, no drama.

Thanked by 2HalfEatenPie ryanarp
  • Catalyst? No downtime, fast response ticket, fast network conection

HalfEatenPie said: Ryan never sleeps.

Like their servers, no downtime.

Thanked by 2ryanarp HalfEatenPie
  • Incredible reviews so far and comments. I should take one with them !

• Catalyst, the way it should be

@HWAYS said:

Incredible reviews so far and comments. I should take one with them !

Most of our promos stay active, but if code doesn't work just open a ticket and we will see what we can do ;) Make sure to let us know what your looking for.

• I will think of it. I am with minivps but I have many downtimes on a simple website.