Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing CentOS 7 on OVH Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing CentOS 7 on OVH Dedicated Server

Hello everyone, i just purchased OVH RISE-GAME1 server with AMD Ryzen 5 but there is no option of CentOS 7 Installation. There is only CentOS 8, Ubuntu and some other OS but none of them are compatible with cPanel/WHM. I contacted them they said to install by IPMI, i connected to IPMI but when I click on Virtual Media Wizard the IPMI closes and i also tried web IPMI console but when I select the ISO and click on start media then the iso uploads till 1044 KB then didn't uploads.

At last, i have found an solution which is Installing CentOS 8 and then Migrating to AlmaLinux. It worked , cPanel installation works on AlmaLinux but there's one more issue. When we install cPanel On CentOS 8 and AlmaLinux 8 then we won't have option to install PHP version lower than 7.2 and that is the problem. We want 5.6 7.0 7.1 PHP versions also, i know we can use CloudLinux for it but it's a paid product and i dont want to install CloudLinux.

Do someone have any solution for me?

Comments

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited February 2022

Either:

• wget and dd netboot.xyz to one of the disks in rescue mode and then perform the install via ipmi
    • Perform the install to a VM locally and then dd over ssh

Used both techniques myself but prefer the first where you have IPMI access

• dann00dann00 Member, Patron Provider

Slightly bigger than 1044KB if that's all that is able to be uploaded, but it might be worth a shot at uploading https://netboot.xyz instead and then attempting to net install CentOS 7 possibly?

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

CentOS 7 is EOL and out of date.
    cPanel supports AlmaLinux as an alternative. If it isn't an availabke OS template, you can install CentOS 8 first and then convert it into AlmaLinux.

• @Advin said:

Are you sure?

• @Advin Centos 8 EOL date => June 30, 2024

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@plumberg said:

@Advin said:

Are you sure?

Guess I'm wrong. I would still suggest updating to Alma though :)

• Release Release date End of life
    CentOS 8 September 24, 2019 December 31, 2021
    CentOS 7 July 7, 2014 June 30, 2024

• jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited February 2022

@titaniumboy said: there is no option of CentOS 7 Installation

Just checked my OVH dedicated server (Rise, not Game) and CentOS 7 is listed on my installation template page, in the Control Panel. Horrible they aren't providing that for you. CentOS 7 is also an option for ovhcloud virtual servers, and not CentOS 8.

• Jeez installing CentOS7 on a dedicated server in 2022? Everything below PHP7.4 is EOL if you really insist to use 5.6-7.2 why not just use a 3rd-party repository like Remi's or Sury PHP?

• Whenever I hear someone installing a distro from 2014 in 2022 I shiver.

Thanked by 3MikeA bulbasaur Aractus
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Boogeyman said:
    Whenever I hear someone installing a distro from 2014 in 2022 I shiver.

"I require Windows Server 2008"