Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Emby can't see a mounted sshfs folder
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Emby can't see a mounted sshfs folder

So I just installed emby on a VPS. I mounted my movies seedbox folder on /home/data. I had to give emby user permission to see home and data otherwise it wasn't able to show the path while adding the library. As soon as I mount the seedbox movies folder via sshfs on data folder - emby can't see anything inside the folder. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• dont mount via sshfs to begin with
    even if you give emby permission to look at a folder, who says it has permission to work with the mounted folder?
    would it be better to make a support request to these guys? i mean, this forum is for hosting/vpses in general and you're asking for something very specific u lazy fk

• have you added the fuse flag allow_other ?

Thanked by 2yoursunny rm_
  • @dgc1980 said: have you added the fuse flag

fuse group ? :wink:

• make sure you also uncomment user_allow_other in /etc/fuse.conf

sshfs -o allow_other,default_permissions,Port=22,IdentityFile=~/key user@IP:/ /mnt/sshfs

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @dgc1980 said:

make sure you also uncomment user_allow_other in /etc/fuse.conf

sshfs -o allow_other,default_permissions,Port=22,IdentityFile=~/key user@IP:/ /mnt/sshfs

Just figured this out right before you posted. This was indeed the problem. Thanks!