Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RDP - Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RDP - Issue

This is the first time I have encountered this weird behavior...

I have a VPS where I setup a fresh copy of WinServer Standard 2k22.

From the get-go, I have encountered freezing/ non-responsiveness after connecting via RDP.

There is absolutely nothing else setup on this box.

If I try to access the same over novnc from the control panel, it works flawlessly. Infact, when I connect to this from my Android phone via Microsoft's official RDP app, it works seamlessly

Only when I am connecting via Windows RDP, it seems to go crazy.

I have tried:

Expand Computer Configuration > Administration Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Connection Client. Double click the setting “Turn Off UDP On Client”. Choose Enabled option to enable this setting. Click Apply to apply the change.

I have also tried:

Use GPO to force use of XDDM rather than WDDM. On the affected machine, in Group Policy Editor, under Remote Desktop Session Host -> Remote Session Environment ... set the policy “Use WDDM graphics display driver for Remote Desktop Connections” to DISABLED.

I am running out of ideas... I have tried re-installing windows from ISO/ template - the same issue persists...

Any suggestions/ ideas?

Thanks

Comments