Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help transfering kimsufi server.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help transfering kimsufi server.

skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Got a response to a ticket to fill this out:
https://www.ovh.com/fr/cgi-bin/fr/procedure/procedureChangeContacts.cgi
This is a kimsufi transfer not a OVH one.
What I'm supposed to do?

Comments

• They asked me to fill this thing when I tried to transfer my KS-LE some time ago. You're supposed to first fill the form. They told me to disregard the -OVH in the handler names.
    So in "Ancien nic" you put your handle, which ends with "-ks". Mine is bf2063063-ks for example.
    In "Nouveau nic" you put the handle of the person you are trying to transfer to.
    In "Votre Email" you put your email address.
    In "Forme juridique" you leave "Particulier" unless you're a company.
    In "Nom" you put your last name and in "Prénom" your first name.
    Then you press "Valider".
    For me it failed here because my handle and the new handle were not in the same region, so the transfer was not possible. I suspect it was because the handle of the other guy didn't start with "bf" like mine, I'm not sure though.
    Supposedly if the transfer is possible, you will then get a form to print, fill, scan, and send back to OVH.

Someone here on LET told me that this was unnecessary and to just try to open a new ticket with Kimsufi hoping it will be processed by someone who will want to make the transfer happen without filling a form. I couldn't be bothered personally so I don't know if that would work.

Thanked by 2bruh21 Oseri
  • @fredo1664 said: the handle of the other guy didn't start with "bf" like mine

that's just the first letters of the name, so got nothing to do with or at least does not help determining if a transfer would be possible.

their process can evaluate which branch you or the receiving party are registered with tough. and usually there is no way to transfer services, if the accounts are not in the same branch.

• @Falzo said:
    that's just the first letters of the name,

Oh My God!!! :o

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @fredo1664 said:

@Falzo said:
    that's just the first letters of the name,

Oh My God!!! :o

Fredo Baggins, born 1664, isn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanked by 1fredo1664
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

bf? black friday :P