Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Hongkong dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Hongkong dedi

Looking for a Hongkong dedi with International bandwidth but not China bandwidth, so I need larger port, 100M-1GBPS. traffic cap can be 10-20TB.

E3 CPU with 120GB SSD. 16GB RAM.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@jasonmighty said:
    Looking for a Hongkong dedi with International bandwidth but not China bandwidth, so I need larger port, 100M-1GBPS. traffic cap can be 10-20TB.

Budget?

• @randvegeta said:

@jasonmighty said:

Budget?

$60 i may say

• have you checked leaseweb HK?

https://www.leaseweb.com/dedicated-servers#HK

but i don't think they offer servers for personal use, you must use company/organization

• softlayer has also HK nodes.

@jasonmighty said:

@randvegeta said:

@jasonmighty said:

Budget?

$60 i may say

10TB traffic is a lot for $60/month.

If you could do $85/month, I have the following:

E3-1245v3
    32GB RAM
    250GB SSD
    1 IP
    1Gbit Port
    10TB Traffic

• edited February 2022

@frakass said:
    softlayer has also HK nodes.

The budget is stated to be at $60/m. Softlyer, although with amazing network, will cost significantly more :-)

I just checked - its only $1222/month. Lmao

• @nanankcornering @NobodyInteresting @frakass
    Gentle men, I am awared of softlayer, but I have no company license so I am looking for help in LET XD

@randvegeta
    Looks attempting but with international route I think there should be more magic performed.

Still looking for it though.:)

@jasonmighty said:
    @nanankcornering @NobodyInteresting @frakass
    Gentle men, I am awared of softlayer, but I have no company license so I am looking for help in LET XD

@randvegeta
    Looks attempting but with international route I think there should be more magic performed.

10TB is really too much.

10TB = 32Mbit Average. 32Mbit isn't huge, but you wouldn't want a 32Mbit cap, so real available bandwidth would need to be higher. At least double I guess.

Bandwidth in HK just isn't that cheap.

Only Cogent and HE.net are cheap enough. They both cost about $400/month for 1G + the XCON of an extra $250, giving you a cost price of some $0.65/Mbit, at an absoluet bare minimum. But even that isn't attractive to sell at that rate because the cost of the server still needs to be covered. And again, that assumes your cost of connectivity is ONLY the base line and XCON. In our case we have 2x XCON and a local loop, pushing up cost per mbit.

You'll either need to compromise on bandwidth or hardware.

• @randvegeta said:

@jasonmighty said:
    @nanankcornering @NobodyInteresting @frakass

@randvegeta

10TB is really too much.

10TB = 32Mbit Average. 32Mbit isn't huge, but you wouldn't want a 32Mbit cap, so real available bandwidth would need to be higher. At least double I guess.

Bandwidth in HK just isn't that cheap.

Only Cogent and HE.net are cheap enough. They both cost about $400/month for 1G + the XCON of an extra $250, giving you a cost price of some $0.65/Mbit, at an absoluet bare minimum. But even that isn't attractive to sell at that rate because the cost of the server still needs to be covered. And again, that assumes your cost of connectivity is ONLY the base line and XCON. In our case we have 2x XCON and a local loop, pushing up cost per mbit.

You'll either need to compromise on bandwidth or hardware.

I wasn't really using 10-20TB, just want a larger cap.
    I heard CMI has cheap bandwidth and as I stated I don't need CN2 connection so I am looking for a international connection.
    But anyway, thank you for your replies.