Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No geoblock VPN for Korean streaming! (Wavve, Tving, Coupang Play, Naver TV, Afreeca, Disney) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

No geoblock VPN for Korean streaming! (Wavve, Tving, Coupang Play, Naver TV, Afreeca, Disney)

2»

Comments

• That’s very helpful, I learned something new.
    I also heard that some people are using ab77/netflix-proxy instead of VPN

Thanked by 1Logano
  • LoganoLogano Member
    edited February 2022

Just wanted to add some updates regarding commercial VPN services:

1. PrivateVPN seems to use G-Core Labs, and it works everywhere as far as I can tell -- Wavve, Tving, Coupang Play, and Laftel. I'm not sure if all G-Core Labs IPs work or if they're using G-Core Labs as an intermediary to connect to a Korean DC domestically. But pings are great (like AWS great -- 85~90ms both at home and at work) and so are speeds. I used it all throughout last night and this morning, and so far, it's very, very stable at less than half the cost of ExpressVPN and one-fifth the cost of a private instance at Daou! There is no Wireguard option, but as long as speeds are sustained, I have no qualms whatsoever.

2. Surfshark provides 2 different IP ranges.
      One is registered to Surfshark and is blocked by Wavve, Tving, and Laftel.
      One range is EHOSTIDC and works with all 3. Speeds seem to generally be fine, as I can get 20+ Mbps on it. but when it hiccups I'm not sure if it's my ISP's problem or theirs, since I get hiccups on Daou, iwinv, AWS, you name it. It can sometimes be a pain to keep disconnecting and reconnecting until I get an EHOSTIDC IP, though, so I'd (maybe) just keep the account as a backup. Too much hassle to use as main. I've asked them to separate their IP ranges into 2 different Korean "servers" on their apps, but was ignored. lol.

3. VPNUnlimited provides an EHOSTIDC IP. Not sure if they have other providers, too. Unfortunately, speed sucks major balls for me. I got 200kbps-1Mbps burst when I checked a few days ago.

4. FastestVPN: same as VPNUnlimited.

• @Logano With SurfShark, you might want to try IKEv2/OpenVPN with IPs hardcoded.
    https://bgp.he.net/dns/kr-seo.prod.surfshark.com

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @sanvit said:
    @Logano With SurfShark, you might want to try IKEv2/OpenVPN with IPs hardcoded.

I did not know you could do that! Thanks!

• sanvitsanvit Member
    edited February 2022

@Logano said:

@sanvit said:
    @Logano With SurfShark, you might want to try IKEv2/OpenVPN with IPs hardcoded.

I did not know you could do that! Thanks!

Huh, it seems like the A record changes from time to time. This is the screenshot for the current A records.

Edit : BTW SurfShark's own ASN is actually hosted on Hong Kong

Thanked by 1Logano