Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VFM Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VFM Windows VPS

partymongerpartymonger Member
edited February 2022 in General

Looking for a windows VPS. If it runs windows 7, that too is fine. I know issues with windows licensing. Don't warn me, but if you have a solution then sure.
This is for a friend. He wants to run a windows app server, which will be accesses using IP address. Data base is Oracle.

Looking for 5 to 15$ VFM machines. This wont really clock much load, except for base windows load.

User will be in India, so any optimized location is great. Thanks.

EDIT - Looking for stable providers. Dont mind slipstreaming drivers and uploading iso.

Comments

• @PHP_Friends they are nice with dedicated CPU logical cores , NvMe will load windows much faster.

Just make sure about Windows 7, and they have two weeks cancellation policy.

• Thanks @kp93 .

• Any more options?

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

https://kts24.com/vps

cheap, stable stable since years and if something doesn't work as expected there Support is helpful.

• Pretty much any KVM server can run windows if you install with qemu with rescue os

• @jugganuts said:
    Pretty much any KVM server can run windows if you install with qemu with rescue os

Yeah but perhaps something that supports without a lot of hassle. Seeing how it's for work and need something stable and easily backup/restore.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited February 2022

@kp93 said:
    @PHP_Friends they are nice with dedicated CPU logical cores , NvMe will load windows much faster.

Just make sure about Windows 7, and they have two weeks cancellation policy.

+1 for @PHP_Friends
    Also recommended Hostram VPS from @Shakib

Both are VPS with excellent performance.
    Running Windows 2022 Standard

Avoid provider that rhymes with TABO

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our Windows VPS here: https://greencloudvps.com/budget-windows-vps.php
    Licensed Windows Server 2019 + Hyper-V virtualization.

• Can I install Windows on Digital Ocean? They have data center in India

• @partymonger said:
    Can I install Windows on Digital Ocean? They have data center in India

Try google?

• @KermEd said:

@partymonger said:
    Can I install Windows on Digital Ocean? They have data center in India

Try google?

When I ask if I can install it on DO, I've already googled and found the answer. What Im looking for is experience of the people like
    Is it usable?
    Would I need minimum 2gb ram?
    Does the process through which its installed cause issues with some kinds of apps?
    Does DO freak out if they realize someone is hosting windows.
    Has someone here done it before and has experience to share?