Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good ideas where to rent Ryzen 5?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good ideas where to rent Ryzen 5?

Any good ideas where to rent Ryzen 5 3600/64Gb/2x480 SSD for a reasonable price?

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Hetzner

• LeifurGunnarssonLeifurGunnarsson Member, Host Rep

@bruh21 said:
    Hetzner

Hetzner's really the only R5 seller out there now lmao, killed all the other ones.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@bruh21 said:
    Hetzner

Hetzner's really the only R5 seller out there now lmao, killed all the other ones.

There is also skynode.pl but it’s more expensive

• @bruh21 said:

@LeifurGunnarsson said:

@bruh21 said:
    Hetzner

Called mevspace now

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

There's also Webtropia (DE) and WSI (US), but obviously none of which will beat Hetzner's pricing for it :smiley:

• Thank you for the quick answers.

I already rent from hetzner, mevspace (waiting for their uplink upgrade) and albahost. But the last one is having communication troubles. I will need to replace 40 servers.

Any more variants?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DP said:
    There's also Webtropia (DE) and WSI (US), but obviously none of which will beat Hetzner's pricing for it :smiley:

Wondering if Webtropia still does throttle connections, if you use to "expensive" routes.

• @DP said:

WSI? what is that?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@evilmalamute said:

@DP said:

WSI? what is that?

WholeSaleInternet, Kansas City.

• @evilmalamute said:
    I will need to replace 40 servers.

Hi, just out of curiosity, what is your use case for such large amount of servers? 40 * 64GB RAM is a lot for me.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited February 2022

Scaleway Ryzen 5 3600 + 16GB + 2x 1TB HDD 29.99euro/mo

EuServ 47.60euro, but for 3700X + 64GB + 2x 1TB SSD https://www.euserv.com/en/dedicated-server/instant64-rootserver/v6/index.php

These are just some other options. For your requirements Hetzner has best value, but you already know about them.

Thanked by 1msallak1
  • @bruh21 said:

Garbage network, cheapest components, something is always breaking (usually network).

Thanked by 1afn
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@AXYZE said:

EuServ 47.60euro, but for 3700X + 64GB + 2x 1TB SSD https://www.euserv.com/en/dedicated-server/instant64-rootserver/v6/index.php

These are just some other options. For your requirements Hetzner has best value, but you already know about them.

Please, do not post a link from euserv.com.

https://www.whtop.com/review/euserv.com

• @yongsiklee said:

@AXYZE said:

Please, do not post a link from euserv.com.

https://www.whtop.com/review/euserv.com

Sorry, didn't check reviews of them earlier. I didnt know it was THAT bad... like no single positive review lol

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • @quanhua92 said:

@evilmalamute said:
    I will need to replace 40 servers.

Hi, just out of curiosity, what is your use case for such large amount of servers? 40 * 64GB RAM is a lot for me.

Peer-to-peer network

• @AXYZE said:

@bruh21 said:

Garbage network, cheapest components, something is always breaking (usually network).

They are improving, but yes. That's the main reason why i'm asking questions here :)

• Write location and budget

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

We (Ransom IT) can do Ryzen dedis across all our locations.

We have PoPs in NZ (Auckland), Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth), Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Depends on BW, just offered a similar one for 179€/Month 10G Unmetered FUP to someone. But they wanted IP Transit 10G Dedicated with guaranteed min of 7G for 24/7x, for i believe 50€ with no contract :D :D

Hetzner or Online net probs your best bet if you don't need much BW.

Our ZEN MiniDedi with Ryzen 5600G, 64G + 2x500GB SSD would probably be around 60-70€ a month, with 1Gbps Unmetered. and we would require first term 3 months as it would be a custom build one.

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • TechoutTechout Member
    edited February 2022

I've got an AX41-NVME in Finland from Hetzner that I'm looking to transfer to someone if you're interested.

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • @Techout said:
    I've got an AX41-NVME in Finland from Hetzner that I'm looking to transfer to someone if you're interested.

I am interested - lets go to PM.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Depends on BW, just offered a similar one for 179€/Month 10G Unmetered FUP to someone. But they wanted IP Transit 10G Dedicated with guaranteed min of 7G for 24/7x, for i believe 50€ with no contract :D :D

Hetzner or Online net probs your best bet if you don't need much BW.

Our ZEN MiniDedi with Ryzen 5600G, 64G + 2x500GB SSD would probably be around 60-70€ a month, with 1Gbps Unmetered. and we would require first term 3 months as it would be a custom build one.

My BW needs are nothing special. I prefer 100MBit unmetered and if you can shape it at your side that will be nice. I need Ryzen 3600 or 5600X (not G, and it has GPU oncrystal and less L3 cache)/64G 2x480 and was thinking of 40-45 eur per unit. Need 40 such machines.

• @trewq said:

We have PoPs in NZ (Auckland), Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth), Singapore, Tokyo and Hong Kong.

The price is very important. I can pay 45 euro per machine.

• @ourvds said:
    Write location and budget

45 euro per machine. No hetz reellers, 100 Mbit unmetered

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@evilmalamute said:

@trewq said:

The price is very important. I can pay 45 euro per machine.

Yeah, probably not looking to be in Asia/APAC then.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@evilmalamute said: My BW needs are nothing special. I prefer 100MBit unmetered and if you can shape it at your side that will be nice. I need Ryzen 3600 or 5600X (not G, and it has GPU oncrystal and less L3 cache)/64G 2x480 and was thinking of 40-45 eur per unit. Need 40 such machines.

@evilmalamute said: The price is very important. I can pay 45 euro per machine.

Should have began with you need 40. THIS might make this possible after our volume discounts: https://pulsedmedia.com/resellers.php

Using all consumer hardware, and thus without dedicated mgmt switch this is exactly 1rack of 1U servers. With just 100Mbps bandwidth each this is nearer to reality, but alas we will not bother to rack any 100Mbps switches anymore. We would put in 1Gbps for all the servers, bring a 10G to that switch and rate shape that to 4G to get to your 100Mbps per each. You get much higher utilization that way too, and aggregate more bandwidth.

I quickly checked first supplier with cheapest 5600X + X570 motherboards, using 3200 RAM. The good thing with consumer mobos (like Hetzner uses) is that XMP profiles can be used for more performance and costs ~20% of what server motherboards do. Downside? No remote mgmt, so it gets a bit trickier when issues arise (and they always do, just matter of time. might take 4 years), and ECC RAM if needed is a hit and miss.

1U chassis' alone are typically 350-400€ each! We have a number of empty chassis' free, but not quite 40 -- so that too adds to delivery schedule.

Minimum spec of the 40 servers would be: 3600X, X370, 64GB RAM, Any min. 2x480GB SATA SSD.
    Typical would be 5600X, X570, 64GB RAM. Hard to get 3600X new. First supplier i checked cost difference was ~25€ between 3600X and 5600X.

We will install IP PDU power delivery for these for remote reboots at least. You can have control over these if you want. Can also help you setup remote baremetal OS reinstaller for a small fee so you can reinstall at will yourself

We would need you to commit long term to make this viable for us, first term prepayment of 6months. No cost waiting for delivery as we build these, due date will be moved according to delivery date as delivered. Also we would need you to commit to all 40.

Delivery schedule: Due to global supply & logistics woes this will likely take 2 months for all 40 to be delivered. Lately we've been chasing for weeks just to get last mile delivery from logistics companies.

Let us know if you want us to go further into checking if this can be made into reality, contact sales *** at pulsedmedia

This offer is valid for anyone looking at volume servers.

5600G is still much faster than 3600X, being newer gen btw. That too would be consumer hardware, with fast ram. Just more typical what we build, and you get the added benefit of iGPU if you need something GPU accelerated (ie. transcoding, AI etc.)

Thanked by 1evilmalamute
  • On some motherboards, I've seen it mention ECC is enabled only for PRO CPU variants. So wouldn't be sure, sure about ECC with 5600X.