Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you host content that big companies may not like? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How would you host content that big companies may not like?

2»

Comments

• @OkieDoke said:
    Unlike you, I am not a racist and I don't moan about criminals being arrested for the crimes they commit.

I'm not racist (well, that's what they all say, huh). As a Muslim Asian growing up in a predominantly white area as a kid, there were some things said to me but shit happens. The thing i don't agree with is being arrested or cautioned for airing your views, whether they be racist, or jokes, or whatever. What was the most recent twitter one? Where a football fan made a Hitler joke about Tottenham Hotspur fans (big Jewish following)? And the comments about Muamba? Especially as they were tweets that you have to bloody actively search out or follow someone to see. It's just absurd to me.

And on to the real topic at hand, how would you host potentially dox worthy/sensitive content? Can be anything from your personal views to trade secrets, i'm interested in knowing how people approach it differently.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Mao stop doing this to threads it is very annoying, maybe you need a refill

@jarland agreed.

@coolnow drop me a PM what you want to host sounds intresting and I would like to help you out.

Thanked by 2jar coolnow
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: @Mao stop doing this to threads it is very annoying, maybe you need a refill

What did I do, what did I do ?

@jarland came here trolling about movies and roms which nobody mentioned before, it is strictly about other issues.
    I proved him he is attacking his own strawman and he got pissed.

yeah... just stop it Mao.

Thanked by 1jar

Well, if I did something wrong, broke the rules or anything while pointing at the troll, please tell me or ask a mod to delete my posts and ban me.
    As it is now, I do not see any flaw except replying jarland's trolling.

you just cant stop can you.

Thanked by 1jar

You accused me of something vague, I ask you to explain what I did wrong in your eyes ?
    I am not saying I disagree with your views, I dont even know what they are...

persecution complex, you just cant stop haha.

Thanked by 1jar

Hehe, you cant just launch a vague accusation and then say stop, can you ?
    At least I have the right to know what I am accused of, what did I do to this thread ?
    Before jarland's trolling, everything was normal.

cant stop wont stop, he was not trolling.

Thanked by 1jar

Bringing up copyright infringement when the discussion was about free speech ?
    Ha !

• @coolnow as long as what's being hosted is legal in the country I'm hosting and doesn't infringe on anyone's copyrights or intellectual properties directly then I'd happily host it.

I don't see reverse engineering or decompiling an infringement. If I buy a phone and I wanna rip it apart and make changes then that's my choice, as long as I don't intend on selling anything that includes their property then there shouldn't be an issue.

edited December 2013

@Maounique said:
    Bringing up copyright infringement when the discussion was about free speech ?
    Ha !

go let it you must.

You also brought up... water pumps, hate speech, racism, banned cults, extreme right or left and getting sued, so yeah... let it go :)

Thanked by 1jar