Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monitoring system with phone calls?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Monitoring system with phone calls?

alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

Hello,
I am searching for simple monitoring simple that will call my phone when one of our nodes is unreachable.

Is there any solution for that?

(please, without netdata or zabbix)

Comments

• I'm using PagerDuty & Opsgenie. Both include some free credits every month to do calls/texts. They cannot monitor on their own. But most monitoring services (Like Hetrixtools) support them.

-Tim

Thanked by 2lentro Logano
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited February 2022

You should try the product of Client Solution (Not Affiliate), they will phone you repeatedly every 10 minutes until the service is back online.

They don't give a shit whether you are resting, sleeping or even while taking a dump.

I use them myself. Never disappointed, although I almost went crazy going 3 days without sleeping.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    1. cron script
    2. Asterisk
    3. Localphone SIP trunking, very cheap calls (e.g., $0.005/min to USA, $0.013/min to India)
      Notice: paid link above, non-aff

OR

1. UptimeRobot, $25 for 200 calls
    Thanked by 1Logano
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited February 2022

HetrixTools (aff) offers a cheap option to monitor servers and blacklists using SMS.

I consider this better, because it does not disturb me much when I am in a call.

• I use Hetrixtools to monitor and send alerts to Pushover app on my phone.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

I just use a perl script that sends me text messages every minute. For me a text is as good as a phone call and simpler to set up.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

LibreNMS and Telegram notifications work for me. Not a phone call but simple enough.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @LittleCreek said:
    I just use a perl script that sends me text messages every minute. For me a text is as good as a phone call and simpler to set up.

Are you using simple sms? I would like to improve my custom script which use curl to telegram

• alexgoldalexgold Member, Host Rep

@Tim_kwakman said:
    I'm using PagerDuty & Opsgenie. Both include some free credits every month to do calls/texts. They cannot monitor on their own. But most monitoring services (Like Hetrixtools) support them.

-Tim

Hi Tim!
    Thanks - we started yesterday using the same setup.

and thank you all for the suggentions.

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@cpsd said:

@LittleCreek said:

Are you using simple sms? I would like to improve my custom script which use curl to telegram

I just use email to text.

• We use Opsgenie for after shift calls or to wake someone up in the middle of the night :)

^Matic

• @SimpliServers said:
    We use Opsgenie for after shift calls or to wake someone up in the middle of the night :)

I use Better Uptime for this :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You're looking for Woof, developed by Ryan Howard: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xde1y8