Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could you advise super cheap shared hosting plans from reputable companies? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Could you advise super cheap shared hosting plans from reputable companies?

Comments

• hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited February 2022

@HostMedia said:
    @vero We have been around for many years and sure do like to think of ourselves as reputable :smiley:
    We have both cPanel & DirectAdmin plans, our DA plans are cheaper and a 1GB plan is just £4.17 (ex VAT) per year = https://hostmedia.uk/directadmin-hosting/

Any questions feel free to drop us a message :smile:

fyi in buisness since 10-Jun-2014 or 2008

• HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2022

@hyperblast Host Media has been running since 2008, based on that exact date you listed I presume you did a WHOIS on our .uk domain name which we only switched to last year. We originally used a .com (hostmediauk.com - Created on 2008-04-18), then moved to hostmedia.co.uk domain name :wink:

Any other questions just let us know :smile:

EDIT:
    Oh, forgot to mention, we still own all those domains and they should be redirecting to our .UK domain name :smile:

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @HostMedia said:
    @hyperblast Host Media has been running since 2008, based on that exact date you listed I presume you did a WHOIS on our .uk domain name which we only switched to last year. We originally used a .com (hostmediauk.com - Created on 2008-04-18), then moved to hostmedia.co.uk domain name :wink:

Any other questions just let us know :smile:

EDIT:
    Oh, forgot to mention, we still own all those domains and they should be redirecting to our .UK domain name :smile:

thank you. years in buisness is the new quality feature!

Thanked by 2HostMedia JasonM
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2022

Onyxhosting has been around for a while (although I haven't used them):

Smallest plan is 1GB, 3 Databases for 0,49€/Month (+ probably VAT). Paid yearly.
    https://onyxhosting.de/plesk-ssd-webhosting/

There's also Serverstation54 (Plesk Hosting) who offer 0,60€/mo for 15GB disk space and Immunify AV included even.

https://serverstation54.de/store/webhosting

Disclaimer: Haven't used any of these but their ratings on "Hosttest" have been quite good. Whatever that means. At this price range you can't tick all boxes, I guess. Still, might be worth a try.

Thanked by 2webcraft vero
  • verovero Member, Host Rep

@hyperblast said:

thank you. years in buisness is the new quality feature!

No, unless you were born yesterday.

It's often said that more than half of new businesses fail during the first year. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), this isn't necessarily true. Data from the BLS shows that approximately 20% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 45% during the first five years, and 65% during the first 10 years. Only 25% of new businesses make it to 15 years or more.

investopedia.com

• @vero Member, Provider
    did you found a offer that fits your needs?

anyway, what do you provide?

@hyperblast said:
    @vero Member, Provider
    did you found a offer that fits your needs?

anyway, what do you provide?

Found some, but not at quantities required.

Regarding my offerings - not so much for general public. One thing is do to what one likes, other thing - to do it efficiently. I don't see any efficiency in providing shared hosting or VPS in small scale; also don't see any fun doing it in large scale. Besides, let's acknowledge the fact - many companies can do it way better. But there is a need for hosting services which require customization, specific environments, management - these are more interesting to work with. If it partly involves dealing with marketing and legal side of things - even more interesting. Since probability that random company would trust such matters to random provider is basically non existent, you won't see me advertising that often. I had a hope to create and offer simple hosting products, but now I don't see any sense in doing that anymore. There are more fun games to play, and there's work, which is actually more needed and is really worth doing. I don't say I won't offer anything marketable in the future, but for now I'm doing just fine while keeping off the spotlights.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • Hi,

Dotatic.com. £0.99 and full Unlimited. But they don't have any support if the question is not Urgent and very technical. They call themeself 1st Self-service hosting in the world. I use their hosting maybe 7-8 month and no problem yet and everything controlling with ON/OFF toggles. I prefer guys to test it.

• Shared hosting is a great method to build and run a website when you don't expect a lot of traffic or have a limited budget. The best-shared plans of the thewebhostingdir reviewed services are available from top-rated web hosting as per below:

• Accuweb hosting
    • Sitegroud
    • GoDaddy
    • Alfahost
    • Hostwinds
    • Hostgator
  • @farid said:
    Hi,

Dotatic.com. £0.99 and full Unlimited. But they don't have any support if the question is not Urgent and very technical. They call themeself 1st Self-service hosting in the world. I use their hosting maybe 7-8 month and no problem yet and everything controlling with ON/OFF toggles. I prefer guys to test it.

in buisness since 2021-01-12

• I can vouch for Hukot.net, been using both their virtual servers as well as shared hosting for a few years now. Shared hosting starts at 0.60 EUR per month (+ EU VAT). Servers are in CZ, but by default they use a reverse proxy for IPv4 at Hetzner (previously they used OVH SBG IIRC). IPv6 is also supported. No fancy panel, but they use their own admin interface which doesn't look great and doesn't have all the bells and whistle, but it's quite easy to use and gets the job done.
    Company was founded in 2006, owner is still the same guy.

Thanked by 1vero
  • @salakis said:
    I can vouch for Hukot.net, been using both their virtual servers as well as shared hosting for a few years now. Shared hosting starts at 0.60 EUR per month (+ EU VAT). Servers are in CZ, but by default they use a reverse proxy for IPv4 at Hetzner (previously they used OVH SBG IIRC). IPv6 is also supported. No fancy panel, but they use their own admin interface which doesn't look great and doesn't have all the bells and whistle, but it's quite easy to use and gets the job done.
    Company was founded in 2006, owner is still the same guy.

Domain-creation Date: 2013-02-22

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

We have 1GB Nvme for $5/Year

DC: Hetzner
    CP: Direct Admin

Not on LiteSpeed Though

• handyhost.ru?
    created: 2009-02-09T21:00:00Z

@handyhost said:

Not on LiteSpeed Though

What a lovely site. But you don't even translate it, because it's not realistic to get clients from the EU or US.. No valuable data in my case, so could really work, but good overall example, how Russian IT business suffers from politics.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited February 2022

@vero said: Looking for cheap shared hosting plans (less than 1€/mo, EU location) from reputable companies.

It will be hard to find something like this.I cosntantly searching for such companies, and I have a list of well known by all old LET members. But there are just a few companies... And that's very sad. Almost all other who offer deals with discounts, etc. They offer not a discount, they offer piece of shit overloaded overshared crap with tons of bugs and CVE out the box. So, sorry to say that, sometimes better to find a VPS in acceptable annually range, instead of shared trash. Just my few cents.

The list of "reputable", you can start to google from:

GVH, treudler, hostsolutions.
    Who else? I forgot all sunny companies.

@desperand said:
    But there are just a few companies... And that's very sad. Almost all other who offer deals with discounts, etc. They offer not a discount, they offer piece of shit overloaded overshared crap with tons of bugs and CVE out the box.

:D What a correct description!

But it doesn't hurt to share our findings anyway.

Hostens is pretty usable. Don't want to advertise anyone here, just to add some value to this thread.

• @vero said:

@desperand said:
    But there are just a few companies... And that's very sad. Almost all other who offer deals with discounts, etc. They offer not a discount, they offer piece of shit overloaded overshared crap with tons of bugs and CVE out the box.

Hostens is pretty usable. Don't want to advertise anyone here, just to add some value to this thread.

Did you already pick a hosting? Or was Hostens just an idea/suggestion?

@Ympker said:

I have it.

• @Ympker said:

@vero said:

@desperand said:

He's searching for 30+ offers from different company if I'm not wrong..

edited February 2022

@Ympker said:

And more one thing, considering how pervertedly sensitive web hosting market is to mentioning someone by someone: this brand belongs to provider, which everyone knows in our country. For serious projects - it's a big NO. For two pages WP blog - just fine.

@paijrut said:

I'm not the only one doing this, I believe.

• @vero said:

@paijrut said:

I'm not the only one doing this, I believe.

Well maybe, there's still the market for low spaces shared hosting.. but well, when there is an offer of 10gb disk for $3/month from a very reputable host, most people (not all) will choose that..

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited February 2022

@vero said: For two pages WP blog - just fine.

for 2 pages WP (better to replace with static html / or even JS framework, if it's just regular info website) to try big dude webpack hosting shit while it's free.

I.E.: cloudflare pages, github pages, gitlab pages, google pages, etc pages.

For sure it will NOT be free forever, but for next couple of months, maybe maximum a year such shit will be free or at low cost for sure.

Already in production. Works fine.

All what is need: gitlab/github repo, your files, and try. Works even for regular html files shit (.e. not need to dive in hugo/next.js, other shit.js money zoo/playground code).

• salakissalakis Member
    edited February 2022

@hyperblast said:
    Domain-creation Date: 2013-02-22

Just to rectify that - previously they used the hukot.cz domain.

Which seems to be in line with what they're website states - "already 17 years on the market".

2006 refers to the incorporation of their current legal entity according to the public company register.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • WalkenWalken Member
    edited February 2022

https://www.ionos.com/hosting/web-hosting - I think there's 0.50$ /mo promo.

@Walken said:
    https://www.ionos.com/hosting/web-hosting - I think there's 0.50$ /mo promo.

Yes, ionos style promo - $0.5/mo first year, then $10/mo. I'm using their 1€ VPS though for a few years now. But they will raise prices most likely, because such offer ceased to exist as I see.

• @desperand said:

@vero said: For two pages WP blog - just fine.

for 2 pages WP (better to replace with static html / or even JS framework, if it's just regular info website) to try big dude webpack hosting shit while it's free.

I.E.: cloudflare pages, github pages, gitlab pages, google pages, etc pages.

For sure it will NOT be free forever, but for next couple of months, maybe maximum a year such shit will be free or at low cost for sure.

Already in production. Works fine.

All what is need: gitlab/github repo, your files, and try. Works even for regular html files shit (.e. not need to dive in hugo/next.js, other shit.js money zoo/playground code).

These will probably be free forever. The business model is freemium, it's free to get you into their ecosystem. A lead magnet. They still make profit off of these.

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

@vero said:

@handyhost said:

Not on LiteSpeed Though

What a lovely site. But you don't even translate it, because it's not realistic to get clients from the EU or US.. No valuable data in my case, so could really work, but good overall example, how Russian IT business suffers from politics.

Hey , No we are not a russian provider. Thought everyone can read in english than using a translation plugin

edited February 2022

@handyhost said:

Hey , No we are not a russian provider.

ихтамнет? :)

Is your site same as nickname +.ru?