Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with 8gb of ram. Phpfriends or netcup?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with 8gb of ram. Phpfriends or netcup?

I'm about to launch a new website and I need to host the backend somewhere.
The stack is spring boot + docker + elasticsearch + mongo, so to run I need at least 8gb of ram.
My application is not cpu intenstive.

I am considering at the moment netcup root server and pho friends.
Which provider do you suggest between these two?
I wanted to know more about how their entry level plan perform :)
Thanks

Comments

• You should consider Hetzner cloud. It can scale up and down easily and supports Block Storage for data replication

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2022

Both are solid providers with decent performance, imho. If you are going with Netcup, just keep in mind that you are signing a contract. Hetzner would definitely be more flexible in terms of scaling and contract duration.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Not Netcup is all I can say wrt their contractual interpretations

Thanked by 1risharde
  • php-friends

• PHP-Friends require cancellation at least 2 weeks in advance, so you still wouldn't be free to cancel at the last minute.

For maximum flexibility, Hetzner Cloud would be the best choice, as @Ympker said above.

• +1 php-friends

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You said elastic and not CPU intensive. That was a good joke. Will hire you to write some for me.

Thanked by 3webcraft Daniel15 steny
  • netcup - 2.5Gbps with 120TB traffic. 30 days cancelation policy
    PHP - 1Gbps with 5TB (for cheapest one), but more ram for same $$ and 2x+ faster IO. 14 days cancelation policy.

Cant go wrong with either.

Thanked by 2Cappuccino jsg
  • @jar said:
    You said elastic and not CPU intensive. That was a good joke. Will hire you to write some for me.

i use elastic just for one query with few data :c

• contabo.com 4.99eur 8gb ram

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • +1 PHP-Friends

• @kkrajk said:
    Not Netcup is all I can say wrt their contractual interpretations

they really need to do something about that, i almost paid for the deal they has a few days a go, glad i did not.

• nfnnfn Veteran
    edited February 2022

I use Netcup and works for me

• @painfreepc said:

@kkrajk said:
    Not Netcup is all I can say wrt their contractual interpretations

they really need to do something about that, i almost paid for the deal they has a few days a go, glad i did not.

Not defending Netcup. But it's super easy to go on a contract there and immediately cancel it for peace of mind if you dont think you will remember to cancel it later.

They offer solid quality products and services and I have never been disappointed.

Thanked by 1ThinVps
  • My vote goes to PHP Friends.