Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best and Easy way to offer Microsoft Licenses
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best and Easy way to offer Microsoft Licenses

OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

Which is the best way to offer Microsoft Licenses (Windows or SQL) with VPS or Dedicated Servers?

Comments

• By offering it for free? :D

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@OBHost said:
    Which is the best way to offer Microsoft Licenses (Windows or SQL) with VPS or Dedicated Servers?

Some sort of API from MS integrated in your billing ? :#

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

@paijrut said:
    By offering it for free? :D

:# Seriously you open my eyes - I forget that we have a free windows license market :D

By the way I need this option for the big fish if some one need then pay to Microsoft :smile:

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

@Saahib said:

@OBHost said:

Some sort of API from MS integrated in your billing ? :#

API is not necessary but some vendor who offer this in good pricing - If we have requirement for License then we can manual purchase as well.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

@OBHost said:

API is not necessary but some vendor who offer this in good pricing - If we have requirement for License then we can manual purchase as well.

If you already have answer then why asking in first place ?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/licensing/how-to-buy/how-to-buy

There's a hundred ways to skin this cat, and it's hard to call any of them wrong.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2022

As a service provider you're required to use the SPLA model.

As a VPS provider, look into how Windows data center edition licensing works.