Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FYI - CL Changes to your CloudLinux OS Pricing Starting April 1st of 2022
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FYI - CL Changes to your CloudLinux OS Pricing Starting April 1st of 2022

hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
edited February 2022 in General

Just received an email from CloudLinux:

Howdy Host Namaste,

Thank you for being our long-term loyal customer.

Starting April 1st of 2022, there will be a price adjustment made to CloudLinux OS Shared pricing. The increase in the amount of 5% per license will take effect on your account. There will be no other price adjustments for CloudLinux OS over the next 12 months.

As one of our customers, you will continue to have a discounted rate that is lower than our published rates. At CloudLinux, we appreciate your business and, in light of the market conditions, made a conscious decision to keep our prices very competitive, fair, and affordable for our partners worldwide. On our side, we will continue investing in all of our solutions to keep the leading technology position on the market.

Please contact us with any questions you might have.

All the best,
The CloudLinux team

Comments

• Oh my... I'm worried about my Almalinux boxes now.

• Considering current inflation rate, 5% increase for 12 months is quite reasonable

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Wondering, is it that really its hard to run a software company and they need more cash or they are cashing on their market monopoly ?

• @Fritz said:
    Oh my... I'm worried about my Almalinux boxes now.

Alma isn't a commercial product though, the way CloudLinux generates revenue with AlmaLinux is through providing commercial support. CloudLinux OS is a subscription product, hence they can raise the subscription price.