Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where can I find Windows Server 2016 Datacenter .iso with included Virtio drivers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Where can I find Windows Server 2016 Datacenter .iso with included Virtio drivers?

WalkenWalken Member
edited January 2022 in General

Well, as the title says:

where can I find Windows Server 2016 Datacenter .iso with included Virtio drivers?

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

You can download Windows Server ISO and Virtio ISO separately and mount both onto the KVM.

I followed this guide and installed Windows Server on KVM.
    The same procedure is possible on Virtualizor if you have enough resources.
    https://getlabsdone.com/install-windows-server-on-kvm/

• I haven't seen one where the two are included.

usually part of my first step is to install Windows Server first, then use the ISO available here: https://github.com/virtio-win/virtio-win-pkg-scripts/blob/master/README.md to install the virtio drivers.

• Do it yourself with NTlite. As a bonus, you can configure other preferences at the same time, even setup static IP if DHCP isn't used.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2022

The process of adding drivers to a Windows ISO is usually called "slipstreaming" - Maybe that'll help your Google searches. There's several tools for it.

I'm not sure of the legality of distributing modified Windows ISOs so most people would get the ISOs from Microsoft and slipstream it themselves.

@yoursunny said: You can download Windows Server ISO and Virtio ISO separately and mount both onto the KVM.

This is probably what I'd do. Not sure I'd bother with slipstreaming it.

• jason5545jason5545 Member
    edited February 2022

@Daniel15 said:
    I'm not sure of the legality of distributing modified Windows ISOs so most people would get the ISOs from Microsoft and slipstream it themselves.

This falls into the "if you don't tell, then nobody knows" category IMO, as long as private use.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited February 2022

@jason5545 said:

@Daniel15 said:

This falls into the "if you don't tell, then nobody knows category" IMO, as long as private use.

Yeah, private use is fine (ie make your own slipstreamed ISO and use it for your own personal use or for servers within your workplace), but I don't think you'll find a download of one online in any legitimate place.

Thanked by 1jason5545