Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone help me find a similar VPS offer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can someone help me find a similar VPS offer?

Hi all,

So I saw this offer from OVH for $11.50/mo: 2 dedicated vCore, 4GB memory, 80 GB storage, 500 Mbps unmetered.

I liked this offer but it has two issues
1. Their only NA location is canada.
2. When I tried to order it, they wouldn't let me because I'm in the US apparently

So I am wondering if anyone can recommend other providers with similar offers? Ideally with a phoenix location or, failing that, LA - but if offers this good truly can't be found in the US, I can settle for canada. Unfortunately, searching for myself, I can only seem to find offers that are much more expensive.

The most important parts for me at the 2 dedicated vCore and 4GB memory. Other specs I can be flexible on. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• You can order it while in the US. I'm in the US and I have a VM and a dedicated server with them.

• emperoremperor Member
    edited January 2022

have you tried in their US site?
    https://us.ovhcloud.com/deals
    atm its only 9$ also in US :

North America, VA, USA, Vint Hill (US-EAST-VA)
    North America, OR, USA, Hillsboro (US-WEST-OR)

• Well, it was at the US subdomain so I thought that was the right place. OR is still a touch further away than I'd like but... if there's no good alternatives I'll try again later.

• edited January 2022

@Nighthawk said:
    Hi all,

So I saw this offer from OVH for $11.50/mo: 2 dedicated vCore, 4GB memory, 80 GB storage, 500 Mbps unmetered.

I liked this offer but it has two issues
    1. Their only NA location is canada.
    2. When I tried to order it, they wouldn't let me because I'm in the US apparently

So I am wondering if anyone can recommend other providers with similar offers? Ideally with a phoenix location or, failing that, LA - but if offers this good truly can't be found in the US, I can settle for canada. Unfortunately, searching for myself, I can only seem to find offers that are much more expensive.

The most important parts for me at the 2 dedicated vCore and 4GB memory. Other specs I can be flexible on. Thanks in advance.

I didn't see "dedicated vCore" anywhere on their sale page. Are you sure it's dedicated vcore?

Dedicated vCore means you can use 200% of 2 vCores all the time, right?

• I'm not sure. I guess, if that's the wrong term, "not shared" is what I mean

• @Nighthawk said:
    Well, it was at the US subdomain so I thought that was the right place. OR is still a touch further away than I'd like but... if there's no good alternatives I'll try again later.

Further away from where? You were given an East and West Coast option in the US. sigh

• NighthawkNighthawk Member
    edited January 2022

As in the original post, Phoenix would be ideal but may be too much to hope for, so California after that. If California is also impossible, then I'll settle for something like Oregon or Canada.

• @Nighthawk said:
    I'm not sure. I guess, if that's the wrong term, "not shared" is what I mean

Not shared IS dedicated. Can you screen shot, where it says dedicated?

• @Nighthawk said: So I saw this offer from OVH for $11.50/mo: 2 dedicated vCore, 4GB memory, 80 GB storage, 500 Mbps unmetered.

They do offer dedicated cpu but definitely not at this price. I remember ovh having a VPS and a cloud line, the VPS line is probably the less premium line where you don't get dedicated cpu.

• If you are still looking, I can suggest "KVM HDD Plus US" at wishosting

$7.99 for 2 vCPU @ Unlimited CPU cores 2.7GHz Turbo, 8GB ECC RAM, 200GB HDD RAID-5 (SSD boost), Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth, Location - Oregon or Virginia, USA

Only thing I don't like is their servers aren't insta-made, within 24 hour setup, but i've used them, it's a great company.

Thanked by 1proxima
  • tomletomle Member, LIR

Maybe InceptionHosting could be an option in Phoenix:
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=35
    It's fair share so depending on your use case it might not work.

• Ok, thanks for the info all - seems I was misunderstanding the offer a bit, ended up just bumping up to an actual dedicated cpu line despite the price increase.

@iNanja said:
    If you are still looking, I can suggest "KVM HDD Plus US" at wishosting

$7.99 for 2 vCPU @ Unlimited CPU cores 2.7GHz Turbo, 8GB ECC RAM, 200GB HDD RAID-5 (SSD boost), Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth, Location - Oregon or Virginia, USA

Only thing I don't like is their servers aren't insta-made, within 24 hour setup, but i've used them, it's a great company.

Thanks, I'll check this out if I need to look around again.

@tomle said:
    Maybe InceptionHosting could be an option in Phoenix:
    https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=35
    It's fair share so depending on your use case it might not work.

Definitely wish I could get a location like that but I need at least 1 dedicated thread. Appreciate the help.