Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET night mode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET night mode

Anyone know what happened to LET's night mode toggle on the top right hand corner?

I'm visually impaired so it's a god send!!

Comments

• It's still here for me, on desktop and mobile. It looks like a crescent moon.

• Its hiding and not working correctly, could be my Firefox install??

• For me, it looks like this. The button is the last one that looks like a moon

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • I just installed Firefox to try and I could access the icon as soon as I logged in.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited January 2022

This is normal because dark mode css is hosted on fat32.top server which has DNS problems all the time. I wont even count how many times dark mode stopped working and got DNS error from that host in console.

Dont ask me why one single CSS is hosted completly outside of LET on one of administrators servers.

Thanked by 2dosai Erisa
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@AXYZE said:
    This is normal because dark mode css is hosted on fat32.top server which has DNS problems all the time. I wont even count how many times dark mode stopped working and got DNS error from that host in console.

Dont ask me why one single CSS is hosted completly outside of LET on one of administrators servers.

Because I don't have SSH access in the past, it's purely community effort and in fact that's more secure because I have no access to the server (but for full disclosure now I do)

I have it now and will migrate them to lowendtalk.com in the future.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:

@AXYZE said:

Because I don't have SSH access in the past, it's purely community effort and in fact that's more secure because I have no access to the server (but for full disclosure now I do)

I have it now and will migrate them to lowendtalk.com in the future.

You can always use GitHub or netlify to serve it

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@AXYZE said:

Still? There was a previous thread about it and I thought the powers at be said it was getting fixed. Should just take a couple minutes to copy the file and update the Vanilla header for this theme.